There are newer employer reviews for Citi

The C in Citi stands for change

Current Employee - Retention  in  Jacksonville, FL
Current Employee - Retention in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Citi full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Benefits immediately from day one. Citi employs people with very little skills, and offers jobs(This can also be a detractor). There are many people with very diverse backgrounds.

Cons

Horrible training program. No upward mobility at all. They try to give illusion of movement by giving you your same pay grade in steadily worse positions than you currently have. No merit, or fairness in internal hiring. I have a college education, and was passed up by employees that had a parent, or family member working in that dept. It was made worse by the fact that they gave them a real interview, and did not extend same questioning to me. Micro managing to the last degree here. It feels like they are standing over you with a stop watch even when you need to go the bathroom. My dept has a lot of favorites that get to go what ever they want.

Managers are treated as poorly as employees. I am not sure I can give advice to a manager because they are terminated at a moments notice, or tortured if they do not conform. It is difficult to be productive in this tyrannical environment. I have been told that South Dakota is the site that puts pressure on our site, and that they think Jacksonville is the laughing stock of Citi. If all parts of the company will not move as one then please just start termination process, so I can get unemployment, and stop working for this crap company.

2627 Other Employee Reviews for Citi (View Most Recent)

Treats their employees as poorly as their customers.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Citi full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good Benefits
    Nice Campus
    Handicap accessible

Cons

Peers and unit managers lack all professionalism. Company policies limit growth and opportunity. Over competition leads to a toxic work environment. If you want to feel unappreciated in a large company, with "good benefits" Citi is the place for you.

Doesn't offered unpaid time. Very difficult to plan/get vacation time. Needs updated policies to avoid dissatisfied employees and customers.

Do more for less

Current Employee - Vice President  in  Buffalo, NY
    Current Employee - Vice President in Buffalo, NY

I have been working at Citi full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

There are a lot of opportunities to move around laterally.
    Training in Buffalo is decent and the people are nice.

Cons

Senior management continues to move jobs from NYC to Buffalo to save money. This is a good thing if you live in Buffalo. This is bad if you live in NYC.
    The pay is low. Generally people don't receive raises and if they do it's usually only $300 to $700 more a year. Which is fine but starting pay is normally between 28,000 and 32,000 for entry level jobs.
    There is a running joke that anyone can be an AVP at Citi. They'll give you the title but no money.
    Managers are mixed bag. Some are really good but many are terrible. There are times where a manager will mess up and just throw one of their employees under the bus.
    Benefits are terrible. Health insurance is basically a high deductible or a high deductible.
    You never get to take all of your vacation. There is always a reason for why you can't take off.
    Groups are run bare bones. Some departments have a 2 for 1 policy. Your team has to lose 2 people to hire 1 person. Which in itself is awful but then office politics come into play and your 1 might be given to someone else.

Pay people more. No one cares about meaningless titles.

There are newer employer reviews for Citi

Worked for Citi? Contribute to the Community!