Citi

www.citigroup.com
  www.citigroup.com
There are newer employer reviews for Citi

Long drudgery, but great benefits.

I worked at Citi (more than 10 years)

Pros

The benefits are amazing, and if you work hard and receive favorable employee ratings, they will move heaven and earth to work with you on a work life balance.

Cons

The leadership is spotty. Unit managers have considerable autonomy over their employees and work group which has many pros and cons. My biggest complaint was in advancement. In 16 years, I never was clear on what goes into advancement decisions. Honestly my direct supervisors were equally clueless. They would mentor me and other employees for weeks on their own time only to watch as we weren't granted interviews. It is not unusual to see a 20 year old on his or her first job obtain a supervisory position while people who had degrees and years of experience in similar roles at other companies never be considered. And the corporate culture is obsessed with change. If something works, it will be replaced by a new process with limited testing.

Spend more time developing your employees than your software. Give clear guidelines for employees pursuing advancement. And share this with supervisors so that their time and ours aren't wasted.

2858 Other Employee Reviews for Citi (View Most Recent)

good place to work..but like most can be better

Current Employee - Fraud Specialist II in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Fraud Specialist II in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Citi full-time (more than an year)

Pros

GREAT benifits and atmosphere.. alot of good people to work with

Cons

pay could be better..simple operational adjustments can make this a much better place to work

please communicate better..take more of the employees advice

Nice Interview

I worked at Citi

Pros

I'm familiar with the company. I know several people who currently work there. The company utilizes technology and processes that I understand and am completely competent with. The position I interviewed for was one I am fully capable of performing well. The position is located near to my home.

Cons

The company is currently downsizing. Many positions are in transition or being eliminated completely. Many people are nervous about their continued career prospects. Many positions are being moved out of the state, thus forcing people to either relocate or be downsized.

Be honest with the workers. Be honest with yourselves. Admit mistakes and take all necessary corrective actions.

There are newer employer reviews for Citi