There are newer employer reviews for Citi

Great company but difficult to move around

Current Employee - Senior Vice President - Marketing in New York, NY
Current Employee - Senior Vice President - Marketing in New York, NY

I have been working at Citi full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good salary and benefits. Smart run business model

Cons

siloed business units and difficult to collaborate

Moving in the right direction. Shifting focus to the longer term instead of short term gains continues to improve but can go further.

2701 Other Employee Reviews for Citi (View Most Recent)

Decent company

Current Employee - Vice President in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Vice President in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Citi full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Global office opportunity, Good Work life balance, PTO

Cons

Promotion is a little difficult, managers not spend as much time with you to help and guide

Great internship for college students

Former Employee - Operations Analyst in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Operations Analyst in New York, NY

I worked at Citi as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

I learned a lot during my summer at Citi about the financial industry, the company and working in a fortune 500 company. At first I applied because I wanted to see what the financial industry was like and I gained so much more. They program lets you listen to speakers from upper management, gives you a mentor and networking opportunities, a job where you actually get to benefit the company and learn more than you could from watching someone else. Finally what I liked best about Citi and this program is it truly is what you make it. If you want to meet someone from tech, book coffee on their calendar and they will tell you about what they do. It is wide open for people that are willing to put themselves out there and learn as much as they can.

Cons

I did not like how many of the tasks were monotonous but I understand why they would be. There were little opportunities to be creative other than the presentation and finding opportunities to network; however honestly as an intern just being able to contribute and actually do work at that level displayed how much trust the company gives their employees.

Take into consideration what type of environment the intern would thrive in. I ended up not applying to work there full time because I did not click with the job as much. If I had been placed in middle office on the trading floor like the other half of the interns I probably would have had a very different experience. Some people work better in the quiet atmosphere of 388 and others work best in a louder and busier atmosphere of 390.

There are newer employer reviews for Citi