Citi

www.citigroup.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Citi

A very 'corporate' workplace with great culture

Current Employee - Credit Operations Specialist III in Gray, TN
Current Employee - Credit Operations Specialist III in Gray, TN

I have been working at Citi full-time (less than a year)

Pros

We have really great people. Even though there are 1,800+ employees, most people feel like more than a number. Benefits are above average, pay is fair, time off is excellent (146+ hours paid per year), some 4-10hr schedules, lots of overtime opportunities. The list goes on and on. Best environment I've ever worked in; almost unbelieveable for a site this large.

Cons

Policies and procedures change frequently and there is always conflicting information (published on intranet, passed down from supervisors, sent around in emails, hear-say on the sales floor, etc.). The IT infrastructure is lacking: the systems feel as though they were pieced together with no sight of the "big picture."

We invest so many resources to make the workplace great but it would be very beneficial to take one more step and PLAN changes out so that transitions are smooth. So many things feel pieced together on-the-fly.

3071 Other Employee Reviews for Citi (View Most Recent)

Great company but difficult to move around

Current Employee - Senior Vice President - Marketing in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Vice President - Marketing in New York, NY

I have been working at Citi full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good salary and benefits. Smart run business model

Cons

siloed business units and difficult to collaborate

Moving in the right direction. Shifting focus to the longer term instead of short term gains continues to improve but can go further.

My career at Citi was frustrating.

Former Employee - Senior Vice President in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Vice President in New York, NY

I worked at Citi full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

As a large and global company there were endless internal options for positions. Compensation levels are competitive. The office setting was always modern, and technologically advanced.

Cons

Too big to manage, very political. So large that few people feel connected to success or failure. Work/balance ratio is awful. The previous pre-Sandy Weill culture was destroyed, and the new culture rewards outside relationships over performance. Employment policies that had existed for over 15 years of my career were eliminated in days, with no grandfathering in place for previous loyalty.Older employees, at the middle management or below levels are stripped of their importance and made uncomfortable in the hope they will leave.

It appeared to me that senior management knows the company is out of control and only cares about hanging on and cashing in until the regulators force massive changes. My advice would be to lighten up on the employees in the meantime. Why drive everyone crazy trying to do the impossible? The end is near.

There are newer employer reviews for Citi