There are newer employer reviews for Citi

great place to get started

Former Employee - Operations Analyst in New Castle, DE
Former Employee - Operations Analyst in New Castle, DE

I worked at Citi

Pros

Citigroup was a great place to get started. There were some great people to work with in Delaware Ops and while comp was low, I'm glad to have had the experience.

Cons

Compensation was low and there are a few people that probably should have been filtered out by better interviewing. Company needs to figure out better compensation be it via salary or at the very least a decent 401K match. They are good a promising/selling things to employees that in all likliehood probably don't turn out they way they are described (if they even happen at all).

Take care of your employees - even Operations. They are the backbone of the company and while they may not directly bring in revenue they allow every other area to do so. Learn to value and retain good talent (yes that means cough up some money). Also should better promote mobility - this also means make it happen (talking and doing are very different and management at Citi loves to talk). Don't wait for good talent to bring in an external offer letter before you decide to take care of them.

2694 Other Employee Reviews for Citi (View Most Recent)

If you are thinking of being a temporary worker, beware!

Former Employee - AML Analyst in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - AML Analyst in Tampa, FL

I worked at Citi

Pros

Interacted well with other analysts who started at the same time as me. Trainers were helpful during the training period.

Cons

I was among a group of anti-money laundering analysts working at Citigroup through a temp agency. We were told that the job was temp-to-permanent, and that as soon as we passed a quality check we would be hired as official Citi employees. Instead, toward the end of the assignment date, all were dismissed (and informed not by our superiors at Citi, but by temp agency employees) without warning or notice, because the positions were being eliminated. What’s worse, I checked online the following day and the temp agency has posted more identical job listings for a new group of analysts. Seems like the positions were not eliminated after all.

No vacation time, no benefits, not treated well.

The CEO gets tens of millions of dollars in bonuses, yet the company can't afford to provide benefits to employees working more than 40 hours per week?

Good

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Citi

Pros

Diversity of career options in one firm

Cons

Bureaucracy can be an issue if you are not adept at navigating silos

There are newer employer reviews for Citi