Citi Trends
www.cititrends.com Savannah, GA 5000+ Employees

Definitely a learning experience, and it is what you make it, I grew in a positive manner from the experience.

First Assistant (Former Employee)
Marietta, GA

I worked at Citi Trends

ProsDepending on your experience the pay is negotiable, which is good if your a good talker.
They offer lots of incentives and monetary bonus' for various programs and contest they do for the public.
Several opportunities for a bonus' per year for management.
Not a heavy workload.

ConsThey will cut associates down to 4hrs/week if sales are down; not good if you need a consistent amount for bills and things week to week.
Senior Management (DM's, LP, RVP) are very rude.
Senior Management only cares about cash, will approve the sale of damaged merchandise just to make a penny.
If you have one disagreement with ATL DM Arthur Morning then you can just about forget any positive things that were coming your way. Its a real, "My way or highway" type of gig.
Lots of gossip about associates and staff, and it never remains just in-house. What store #2 says about you, store #9 is going to know.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to get back in touch with the consumer you are targeting.
Put yourself in the place of some of your Associates, you cut their hours when sales are down; it makes it extremely hard to live when you dont know what your pay will be one week to the next.
I worked at a location that was held at gunpoint twice, you all wouldnt even give us time off to recoup, or a security guard, or any other security measure to insure our safety and well being; You have to care about your employees, You don't pay enough for us to jeopardize ourselves in this fashion.

I love the work enviroment but managers offer little support.

Marion, SC

I have been working at Citi Trends

Pros: Seeing freindly faces and the hours are manageable. If you are… Cons: Every manager with exception of the store manager have been fired. Since… Advice to Senior Management: Higher up managers should check with employees and listen to feed… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Understaffed & Underpaid IS department

IS Department Employee (Current Employee)
Savannah, GA

I have been working at Citi Trends

Pros: Small environment keeps a family atmosphere, and nice co-workers. Cons: Undermanned Information Services Department, that is highly underpaid employees in this department… Advice to Senior Management: Please know how to compensate one of the most important… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Citi Trends.

Worked for Citi Trends? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Citi Trends reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Citi Trends CEO R. Anderson. All reviews posted anonymously by Citi Trends employees.