There are newer employer reviews for Citi Trends

It was a nice experience, but it could've used some improvements.

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Richmond, VA
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Richmond, VA

I worked at Citi Trends

Pros

Co-workers and cool managment team

Cons

Small pay for a lot of work, rude customers everyday, and no employee discount (everyday)

reviews filtered by

Definitely a learning experience, and it is what you make it, I grew in a positive manner from the experience.

Former Employee - First Assistant in Marietta, GA
    Former Employee - First Assistant in Marietta, GA

I worked at Citi Trends

Pros

Depending on your experience the pay is negotiable, which is good if your a good talker.
    They offer lots of incentives and monetary bonus' for various programs and contest they do for the public.
    Several opportunities for a bonus' per year for management.
    Not a heavy workload.

Cons

They will cut associates down to 4hrs/week if sales are down; not good if you need a consistent amount for bills and things week to week.
    Senior Management (DM's, LP, RVP) are very rude.
    Senior Management only cares about cash, will approve the sale of damaged merchandise just to make a penny.
    If you have one disagreement with ATL DM Arthur Morning then you can just about forget any positive things that were coming your way. Its a real, "My way or highway" type of gig.
    Lots of gossip about associates and staff, and it never remains just in-house. What store #2 says about you, store #9 is going to know.

Try to get back in touch with the consumer you are targeting.
    Put yourself in the place of some of your Associates, you cut their hours when sales are down; it makes it extremely hard to live when you dont know what your pay will be one week to the next.
    I worked at a location that was held at gunpoint twice, you all wouldnt even give us time off to recoup, or a security guard, or any other security measure to insure our safety and well being; You have to care about your employees, You don't pay enough for us to jeopardize ourselves in this fashion.

2. Understaffed & Underpaid IS department

Current Employee - IS Department Employee in Savannah, GA
    Current Employee - IS Department Employee in Savannah, GA

I have been working at Citi Trends

Pros

Small environment keeps a family atmosphere, and nice co-workers.

Cons

Undermanned Information Services Department, that is highly underpaid employees in this department do not get close to what average salary is in the area.

Please know how to compensate one of the most important departments in your company.

There are newer employer reviews for Citi Trends