There are newer employer reviews for Citi Trends

It could be MUCH better.

Current Employee - Second Assistant Manager  in  Richmond, VA
Current Employee - Second Assistant Manager in Richmond, VA

I have been working at Citi Trends full-time for more than a year

Pros

You work with and meet some very interesting people. Scheduling is very flexible. You get regular customers who know your name and are happy to see you when they come into the store. The prices are right for today's economy.

Cons

Store, district, and regional managers are not the best I've ever had -- for the most part, they are ineffective, cannot handle the pressure of today's retail market, and do not properly train or back up their employees. Corporate management is a joke -- instead of properly training their management staff and sales associates, they implement ridiculous policies that make our jobs harder rather than empowering us to properly make them more profitable. There is a new "strategy" at least once a month, and they almost always turn out to be epic fails. The stores are woefully understaffed -- they give lip service to a "customer first" policy, but will have one manager and one sales associate to try to accommodate the customers, even when the store is busy with people buying. Understaffing also leads to theft -- they talk about zone coverage, but there is NO zone coverage with only two people working in the store.

Train your managers and staff properly. Increase payroll hours to truly put the customer first and to help curb shoplifting. Offer a regular employee discount -- employees wearing your clothing sell more than the mannequins in the windows. Advertise and use proven business strategies to increase profits for the long-term future rather than trying ineffective policies that will most likely not even improve sales for a short period of time.

78 Other Employee Reviews for Citi Trends (View Most Recent)

Cititrends does not apreciate their employees. The raises suck for management and we are glorified sales associates.

Current Employee - Store Manager  in  Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Citi Trends full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The store closes at 8 pm. So you wont have to worry about working too late some of the times.

Cons

Cititrends is a very cheap company. They don't Like spending the money to get the things you need to properly run a store. The payroll hours that they give each store are a minimum to the point that you dont have enough man power to keep the store in order and get all the freight out that they send you on a daily basis. So they slave their Store managers who are salary. to make up for the hours that the store is lacking in payroll. which results into us being stressed out, overworked, never spend time with family or have time to take care of our personal lives.

They need to learn that their best asset is their employees. then maybe one day we'll get more than a .17 cents raise.

Not a good experience

Former Employee - Store Associate  in  Florence, SC
    Former Employee - Store Associate in Florence, SC

I worked at Citi Trends part-time for less than a year

Pros

Any job is better than nothing...

Cons

Bad District Manager- Says she is going to find a new store manager, and had been saying it for months, never did.

Bad Manager- The manager is as bright as a burnt out light bulb. She would immediately talk bad about you as soon as you leave the store. Liked to turn employees against each other. She also lied through her teeth all the time. If you called out sick, she would cut your hours for the following week.

Minimum wage pay
    no employee discounts.
    Customers are rude 90% of the time
    You work your butt off and no one gives you feedback.

First off, treat everyone with respect and stop being two faced. second, Make sure to use at least some common sense.

There are newer employer reviews for Citi Trends

Worked for Citi Trends? Contribute to the Community!