Citi Trends

www.cititrends.com

It could be MUCH better.

Second Assistant Manager (Current Employee) Richmond, VA

ProsYou work with and meet some very interesting people. Scheduling is very flexible. You get regular customers who know your name and are happy to see you when they come into the store. The prices are right for today's economy.

ConsStore, district, and regional managers are not the best I've ever had -- for the most part, they are ineffective, cannot handle the pressure of today's retail market, and do not properly train or back up their employees. Corporate management is a joke -- instead of properly training their management staff and sales associates, they implement ridiculous policies that make our jobs harder rather than empowering us to properly make them more profitable. There is a new "strategy" at least once a month, and they almost always turn out to be epic fails. The stores are woefully understaffed -- they give lip service to a "customer first" policy, but will have one manager and one sales associate to try to accommodate the customers, even when the store is busy with people buying. Understaffing also leads to theft -- they talk about zone coverage, but there is NO zone coverage with only two people working in the store.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrain your managers and staff properly. Increase payroll hours to truly put the customer first and to help curb shoplifting. Offer a regular employee discount -- employees wearing your clothing sell more than the mannequins in the windows. Advertise and use proven business strategies to increase profits for the long-term future rather than trying ineffective policies that will most likely not even improve sales for a short period of time.

Cititrends does not apreciate their employees. The raises suck for management and we are glorified sales associates.

Store Manager (Current Employee) Detroit, MI

I have been working at Citi Trends full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: The store closes at 8 pm. So you wont have… Cons: Cititrends is a very cheap company. They don't Like spending the money to get the things you need to properly run a store. … Advice to Senior Management: They need to learn that their best asset is their employees.… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Not a good experience

Store Associate (Former Employee) Florence, SC

I worked at Citi Trends part-time for less than a year

Pros: Any job is better than nothing... Cons: Bad District Manager- Says she is going to find a new store manager, and had been saying it for months, never did. Bad Manager- The… Advice to Senior Management: First off, treat everyone with respect and stop being two faced.… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Citi Trends.

Worked for Citi Trends? Contribute to the Community!