Citi Trends

www.cititrends.com
  www.cititrends.com
There are newer employer reviews for Citi Trends

I feel I was constantly on a rollacoaster with this company

Former Employee - Store Manager in Durham, NC
Former Employee - Store Manager in Durham, NC

I worked at Citi Trends full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

They actually pay decent money. But you will work for every penny of it.

Cons

The company doesn't seem to care about you. It doesn't matter to them how many hours you work. Just do the work.

Always watch your own back, because in this company no one else will.

91 Other Employee Reviews for Citi Trends (View Most Recent)

Experience with Citi Trends Inc.

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Southfield, MI
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Southfield, MI

I have been working at Citi Trends part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Friendly staff, fun work environment

Cons

low pay, labor to pay ratio inadequate

Try reducing turnover rate, employee discount, provide motivation for employees, raise pay

It could be MUCH better.

Current Employee - Second Assistant Manager in Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Second Assistant Manager in Richmond, VA

I have been working at Citi Trends full-time (more than an year)

Pros

You work with and meet some very interesting people. Scheduling is very flexible. You get regular customers who know your name and are happy to see you when they come into the store. The prices are right for today's economy.

Cons

Store, district, and regional managers are not the best I've ever had -- for the most part, they are ineffective, cannot handle the pressure of today's retail market, and do not properly train or back up their employees. Corporate management is a joke -- instead of properly training their management staff and sales associates, they implement ridiculous policies that make our jobs harder rather than empowering us to properly make them more profitable. There is a new "strategy" at least once a month, and they almost always turn out to be epic fails. The stores are woefully understaffed -- they give lip service to a "customer first" policy, but will have one manager and one sales associate to try to accommodate the customers, even when the store is busy with people buying. Understaffing also leads to theft -- they talk about zone coverage, but there is NO zone coverage with only two people working in the store.

Train your managers and staff properly. Increase payroll hours to truly put the customer first and to help curb shoplifting. Offer a regular employee discount -- employees wearing your clothing sell more than the mannequins in the windows. Advertise and use proven business strategies to increase profits for the long-term future rather than trying ineffective policies that will most likely not even improve sales for a short period of time.

There are newer employer reviews for Citi Trends