There are newer employer reviews for Citi Trends

Good job except....

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Cleveland, OH
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Citi Trends part-time (more than a year)

Pros

The music keeps the day moving along quickly, easy job and easy learning the register and doing shipment and markdowns. A good first or second job for a younger person (18-22) while in college (if manager is willing to work around with school sch.) Dress code is pretty free and open just keep it dressy.

Cons

My "raise" was the minimum wage when it went up in 2012 and if I'm still there will probably be my "raise" for 2013. When I asked my manager once again about the assistant managers position s/he blew up at me and said s/he refused to promote me to assistant manager because "s/he felt s/he should not have to work around my school schedule". Many employees would quit without notice. Hours a scarce (could just be my store)

For sales associates such as myself who have never had a draw shortage, never had a customer complaint and has almost 2 years with the company, a raise should be within reason and definitely not too much to ask for

reviews filtered by
  1. Very good for a part time job

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Peoria, IL
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Peoria, IL

I have been working at Citi Trends part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Flexible hours
    No strict dress code

Cons

Need a lot of patience
    Lots of standing
    Customers can be very impatient and messy

Perhaps allow associates to wear jeans more since the store does sell a lot. Let's the associates blend in more so that they can keep a better eye out for in store theft.

2. What a joke this company is.

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Columbia, SC
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Columbia, SC

I have been working at Citi Trends part-time (less than a year)

Pros

There are no pros whatsoever.

Cons

You do not want to waste your time working for this company. The pay is a joke. They do not provide lunch breaks no matter how many hours you work in a shift. They do not offer any employee discounts. They slave you to death and no one appreciates you. Everyone talks bad about everyone. This is a company that only cares about making money from the cheap, ruined merchandise they sell. That is why the merchandise is so cheap because it is all damaged. Their is so much backstabbing and racial issues going on. Trust me, it is a company that is worth the bottom of my shoe. It will not stay in business much longer anyways. Management and District Management are clueless.

Seriously give mandatory 15 minute and 30 minute breaks. Try giving at least a 10% discount. Cut out the racial issues. Try paying employees something they can be proud of. Also just go out of business because the policies, regulations and merchandise suck.

There are newer employer reviews for Citi Trends