There are newer employer reviews for Citizant

Used to be good.

I have been working at Citizant full-time

Pros

Benefits used to be good when the President was in charge. She used to actually take pride in that. Now all of a sudden they've been cut 40% over the past few years now.

Cons

Don't listen to feedback given by employees. It's the main reason projects are in the current bad state. Don't seem to care about retaining top talent. Unqualified folks are the highest paid on the team. HR person not as responsive as the previous HR Manager. The previous HR person used to respond within 24 hours. The new one can take up to a week.

Compensate the workers picking up the slack of unqualified team members.

27 Other Employee Reviews for Citizant (View Most Recent)

Ship is still off course

I have been working at Citizant full-time

Pros

It's still a small company (despite growing out of 8a) so the ability to make positive changes and help project deliverables be A+ is more than previous large companies I have worked for. At headquarters, we know all of the employees by name. I like that small, close feeling.

Cons

Citizant has very good values in writing, but I have heard the CEO mutter while walking down the hallway that no one seems to be able to do things correctly so she will just have to do everything herself. That is an arrogant statement.It's not something her co-workers want to hear. How bad is the ship sinking if it causes her to blurt negative statements out walking down the hall. Of all our values, we should consider adding "respect".

If you want your coworkers to provide TEAM work, then take the "I" out of the team, unless she really does want a team of just "I". Thinking you have to do everything yourself is the thinking of a small business owner. Not the mind of a large business CEO.

I agree with another reviewer, she has a large ego. If you disagree with her you land on the undesirable list. Sometimes she feels the need to remind people that she is the owner. Except for ego, there is no need to remind us, we are not stupid people. There aren't enough employees in the company for ANY employee not to know she's the owner.

There is micro-management at the strangest places. Yet hemorrhaging in areas that should have tighter reviews and oversight.

Stop acting like my wife, nagging me from the passenger seat every 100 feet while I'm driving, because I'm not changing lanes or driving the way SHE would. My wife asks me to drive yet nags because I'm not doing it her way. It doesn't matter that we still end up safely at our destination on time. It wasn't HER way. If you hired employees and trust them and know they do great work, then bite your tongue when they don't change lanes just because you would. Sometimes there are multiple ways to do something.

If someone isn't performing, stop keeping them or providing preferential treatment just because you like them. This is a place of business. If we are expected to act professionally, executive management show us how. I have heard foul language from almost every officer of the company.

Rebuilding, refocusing, and optimistic

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Citizant full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The company has hired several new department managers in 2014, and the team really seems to be gelling. Despite the long hours that are typical in the government contracting industry, everyone seems highly committed to success and believes that the company's best days are just ahead. The board strongly supports the company's management team, with a 6-year board member stepping in this spring to serve as acting COO. The caliber of professionals joining the company is remarkable. Leadership is refocused on emphasizing the values and behaviors that made the company a fast-growing market leader in its early days. Many of the best program managers who have been here for a few years are seeing opportunities for new and expanded responsibilities. Much of the "churn" caused by the departure of the former CEO and several managers who he had hired has subsided, and we've returned to a sense of stability with a focus on growth and employee engagement. Customers including the IRS are giving us the highest performance ratings and trusting us with expanded assignments, so that's proof we're good work that our customers value.

Cons

There are still challenges -- nothing that can't be addressed. Former managers let processes deteriorate and delayed some investments, but these are being rectified at a mature pace. The government continues to cut budgets, and that affects MOST government contractors, not just us. But we're bidding on work that we're highly qualified for, and we've cut many internal costs so we're more cost-effective than ever.

Continue to focus on communication and collaboration -- both internally and with partners. Don't compromise on values, as former managers did. Continue delivering smart proposals and growth will take care of itself.

There are newer employer reviews for Citizant

Worked for Citizant? Contribute to the Community!