Used to be good.

I have been working at Citizant full-time

Pros

Benefits used to be good when the President was in charge. She used to actually take pride in that. Now all of a sudden they've been cut 40% over the past few years now.

Cons

Don't listen to feedback given by employees. It's the main reason projects are in the current bad state. Don't seem to care about retaining top talent. Unqualified folks are the highest paid on the team. HR person not as responsive as the previous HR Manager. The previous HR person used to respond within 24 hours. The new one can take up to a week.

Advice to Management

Compensate the workers picking up the slack of unqualified team members.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

All - top to bottom - committed to success

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chantilly, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chantilly, VA

I have been working at Citizant full-time (More than a year)

Pros

While I was hired for one purpose, I have been given the opportunity to contribute in an incredible variety of ways. On the one hand, it can be like drinking from a firehouse; on the other, I would not get this exposure or these opportunities anywhere else. I so appreciate the management team’s confidence and the latitude they have given me.

Moreover, while our CEO is driven (company would not be where it is without her), she cares to the core, about her business, her people, her customers, and the difference we can and do make. Whip smart people, both developing and delivering on business. Many kind/thoughtful/helpful people here. It’s so appreciated.

Cons

Everyone wears multiple hats, and you must be OK with ambiguity to succeed here. Our CEO means it when she says she is not interested in “buying the business” or asking her team to voluntarily close the gap on an underbid contract. However, stuff happens; things change; people move on, and those who remain must – and do - step up and pinch-hit to keep the business running – and growing - until the gaps can be closed. It’s called teamwork.

Advice to Management

Hold small, periodic “skip level” meetings. Implement a formal telecommuting policy and guidelines, and apply consistently. Promote a culture of talking respectfully to team members and having difficult conversations in private. Continue what you are doing to develop/ deliver; its working (w/ CPARS trends as proof.)

Set Your Own Goals and Boundaries

I have been working at Citizant full-time

Pros

Unbelievably transparent company. Awards hard work and ethics. After a couple years of change, the company is set to take off. Willing to invest in its employees learning and growth. Will always do what is right for the customer.

Cons

While the company let's you set the pace of your career, advancement can be a give and take with personal time but this is true anywhere you go.

Advice to Management

Be aware the next generation of workers prefer to go without cars (preferring public transport accessible office space) and value work/life balance (company needs to realize quality of work and efficiency equal success not necessarily time in the office or online).