Citizant

www.citizant.com

Great atmosphere and loads of talent

(Current Employee)

ProsI enjoy working with the smart and talented group of people. You can't get a better mix of A-players, there is little tolerance for slackers and C-players. Which explains "some" of the turn-over, but not all.

Benefits are standard (used be superior years ago but have leveled off to standard).

The company is on the cusp of moving beyond being a "small" business and I appreciate the investment they make in the big company infrastructure, to ensure we have the bandwidth to handle growth. Extremely talented group leading us in the right direction. All contractors will struggle but this company puts the most effort into customer satisfaction than I have ever seen in my 2 decades of working with government contractors. There are some individuals who don't have the experience to run projects (and cause issues down the road) but overall it's a very dynamic and exciting place to work.

ConsTurn over and structure change are pretty frequent. Things are up/down hot/cold so quickly, it's a merry-go-round atmosphere. Lots of VPs / no VPs, directors / no directors, divide into program teams / slam them all back together...too many changes too often. That causes unstable atmosphere for those in operations/program, and makes some people paranoid for their jobs on a daily basis, never knowing what's around the corner for a major structure change. Support staff turnover happens too but they don't create as large of an impact in daily life and morale. All together, too much turn over (both by employee and company decision).

Years ago project managers did not object to program reviews or questions or spot audits, they prided themselves on showing the world how well they were doing and trying to get a 100% score in their reviews. Now it seems the majority of projects are offending that management asks questions and probes or monitors their projects. Hopefully the company will revert back to the previous "it's not personal, this is business" and stop coddling. Because some of the project managers are extremely talented and deserve their chance to shine and be leaders.

Advice to Senior ManagementJust because a plan doesn't blossom and grow the company 10-fold in one year, doesn't mean you have to do surgery and carve it up to fix it. Things take time, success/fail doesn't come as quickly as mgmt seems to believe. Slow down and give things a chance because change isn't always helpful.

Dynamic: lots of change but with a continuous focus on learning and growing both individuals and the company.

I have been working at Citizant full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Many: -Disciplined and forward-looking company represented through investments in tools, infrastructure, certifications, etc. -… Cons: Dynamic - ever changing sometimes means never stabalizing: corporate themes, focus, leadership, etc. Lack of continuity in project teams -… Advice to Senior Management: Exercise caution in 2nd hand retrospective analysis. The focus on understanding past mistakes to learn and grow is excellent but biased sources of… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Company is becoming very unstable and do not take care of their employees.

I have been working at Citizant

Pros: They do have some great internal talent, but fail to… Cons: Poor past performance, support levels are minimal, and have lost… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Citizant.

Worked for Citizant? Contribute to the Community!