Citizen Advocates
www.citizenadvocates.net Malone, NY 500 to 999 Employees

excellent opportunity to learn new interventions

School Based Therapist (Former Employee)
Malone, NY

Prosnice new facility
well equipped children's therapy room
(had) good IT support services
training opportunities offered by NYS Office of Mental Health
adequate benefits for this area of the country

ConsHigh turnover rates.
Recent changes (2010) in NYS licensure and certification requirements for therapists created a deficit of qualified professionals in many rural areas of New York State.
As a permanently certified elementary teacher in NYS, I could no longer work under someone's clinical license. I would have needed to return to college for another graduate degree.
Also, production standards and software upgrades provided ongoing challenges for prioritizing paperwork flow and efficiency. Without administrative support, could easily result in burnout and career change for others. Fortunately I am both skilled and enamored with pc shortcuts, web-based research and applications.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide ongoing goal oriented supervision, with recommended areas of collaboration and individualized training for each team member. My first and only performance review was during my first year on the job (2005) with excellent reviews by my supervisor and the Principal of the school where my outpatient office was located.

Mostly good, though recent changes have led to more questions than answers...

Case Manager (Current Employee)
    Malone, NY

I have been working at Citizen Advocates full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: This is a great place to work with opportunities for advancement.… Cons: This company is going through some restructuring which hasn't been very smooth. … Advice to Senior Management: Encourage your managers to trust in their staff. Micromanaging only adds… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Citizen Advocates.

Worked for Citizen Advocates? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Citizen Advocates reviews and ratings. All reviews posted anonymously by Citizen Advocates employees.