There are newer employer reviews for Citizens Bank

Long time employee and have held many positions.

Current Employee - Bank Teller
Current Employee - Bank Teller

I have been working at Citizens Bank full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Opportunities in branches for new hires. You can quickly advance to management positions within a few years.

Cons

Must move around to get promoted. Need to be flexible which is fine but hard to get used to constant changes in market.

reviews filtered by

It was OK; great sales experience

Former Employee - Banker in Burlington, MA
    Former Employee - Banker in Burlington, MA

I worked at Citizens Bank full-time (more than a year)

Pros

-Citizens is one of the top banks that offers attractive home equity line of credit rates
    -AWESOME PEOPLE. You will meet some truly great employees and customers at this job
    -Great work/life balance- very flexible schedule
    -Will learn great sales techniques that will look great on a resume
    -Help is always available
    -Career advancement can be quick and easy if you form great relationships with management

Cons

-Horrible pay and commission structure (in my opinion. The work that bankers and managers put in should be far further compensated in order to avoid the high turn over rates that plagues this company and other banks)
    -Citizens has not had the best track record
    -Citizens is comparatively horrible next to other banks; I often found myself selling what I truly did not feel passionate about
    -As many awesome people as there are, there is also a fair share of HORRIBLE PEOPLE!!!
    -Success in this industry depends on what branch you work at. There truly are branches that are in horrible locations that are unable to do well because of either stiff competition in the area (thus affecting FC goals, checking accounts, loans, etc), or just the fact that they are in the middle of nowhere!

Increase pay to avoid turnover; find a way to lower stress to make goals on employees

Hostile Environment in Connecticut Branches

Former Employee - Teller Manager
    Former Employee - Teller Manager

I worked at Citizens Bank full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

No more pros left company has forgotten the word. At one time it was a great place to work
    10+ years ago.

Cons

The Teller Managers are dumped on and treated with not respect my the Branch and Regional Manager. I was a Long time employee and not the only long time employee who had career/life.destroyed by an out of control Manager allowed to manipulate the system an do unethical things to employees. Causing undo stress on the job and in life. The company preaches work life balance and that's not what is going on. I had to leave the Manager and a Teller who she wanted to give my job to spent much time setting up what they were doing and I was not going to fall victim anymore not a way to work everyday I want potential employees to know the truth about what they are getting into. Be ware.Watch your back and your cash can't trust anyone in this work place.

Advice is to Vice Presidents the real ones not the branch titles. No way to treat good long time hard working employees. I gave my two week notice I was allowed to work some of it the they put on a
    branch show mid day including an H.R. representative who told me they were all done with me and that I was to be walked to the door. By the way I am a customer of the back as well. I hold accounts and a mortgage Is that how you treat employees whom by the way just lost everything because no one is watching the house and the wrong people still have jobs. Sham on this company.

There are newer employer reviews for Citizens Bank