UK Control

Former Employee - Human Resources in Boston, MA
Former Employee - Human Resources in Boston, MA

I worked at Citizens Bank full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working relationships with peers and team can be rewarding. Vacation time is unlike anything I have seen elsewhere. Benefits are ok.

Cons

Under such UK control it is hard to do your job effectively or to have any original thoughts. Understand the current ownership structure and the control that requires but in order to effectively run the business there needs to be more flexibility.

Other Employee Reviews for Citizens Bank

1. Long time employee and have held many positions.

Current Employee - Bank Teller
    Current Employee - Bank Teller

I have been working at Citizens Bank full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Opportunities in branches for new hires. You can quickly advance to management positions within a few years.

Cons

Must move around to get promoted. Need to be flexible which is fine but hard to get used to constant changes in market.

It was OK; great sales experience

Former Employee - Banker in Burlington, MA
    Former Employee - Banker in Burlington, MA

I worked at Citizens Bank full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Citizens is one of the top banks that offers attractive home equity line of credit rates -AWESOME PEOPLE. You will meet some truly great employees and customers at this job -Great work/life balance- very flexible schedule -Will learn great sales techniques that will look great on a resume -Help is always available -Career advancement can be quick and easy if you form great relationships with management

Cons

-Horrible pay and commission structure (in my opinion. The work that bankers and managers put in should be far further compensated in order to avoid the high turn over rates that plagues this company and other banks) -Citizens has not had the best track record -Citizens is comparatively horrible next to other banks; I often found myself selling what I truly did not feel passionate about -As many awesome people as there are, there is also a fair share of HORRIBLE PEOPLE!!! -Success in this industry depends on what branch you work at. There truly are branches that are in horrible locations that are unable to do well because of either stiff competition in the area (thus affecting FC goals, checking accounts, loans, etc), or just the fact that they are in the middle of nowhere!

Advice to Management

Increase pay to avoid turnover; find a way to lower stress to make goals on employees