Tough environment

Former Employee - Business Banking Officer in Manchester, NH
Former Employee - Business Banking Officer in Manchester, NH

I worked at Citizens Bank full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very talented coworkers, great benefits

Cons

Stressful environment where management micromanages employees

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. UK Control

Former Employee - Human Resources in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Human Resources in Boston, MA

I worked at Citizens Bank full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working relationships with peers and team can be rewarding. Vacation time is unlike anything I have seen elsewhere. Benefits are ok.

Cons

Under such UK control it is hard to do your job effectively or to have any original thoughts. Understand the current ownership structure and the control that requires but in order to effectively run the business there needs to be more flexibility.

Hostile Environment in Connecticut Branches

Former Employee - Teller Manager
    Former Employee - Teller Manager

I worked at Citizens Bank full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

No more pros left company has forgotten the word. At one time it was a great place to work 10+ years ago.

Cons

The Teller Managers are dumped on and treated with not respect my the Branch and Regional Manager. I was a Long time employee and not the only long time employee who had career/life.destroyed by an out of control Manager allowed to manipulate the system an do unethical things to employees. Causing undo stress on the job and in life. The company preaches work life balance and that's not what is going on. I had to leave the Manager and a Teller who she wanted to give my job to spent much time setting up what they were doing and I was not going to fall victim anymore not a way to work everyday I want potential employees to know the truth about what they are getting into. Be ware.Watch your back and your cash can't trust anyone in this work place.

Advice to Management

Advice is to Vice Presidents the real ones not the branch titles. No way to treat good long time hard working employees. I gave my two week notice I was allowed to work some of it the they put on a branch show mid day including an H.R. representative who told me they were all done with me and that I was to be walked to the door. By the way I am a customer of the back as well. I hold accounts and a mortgage Is that how you treat employees whom by the way just lost everything because no one is watching the house and the wrong people still have jobs. Sham on this company.