There are newer employer reviews for Citizens Bank

Terrible work life balance! All sales!

Current Employee - Senior Teller in Erie, PA
Current Employee - Senior Teller in Erie, PA

I have been working at Citizens Bank part-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Decent compensation and PTO time.

Cons

It doesn't matter to them how long you've worked for the company or how many hours you're supposed to work. They will tell you at 4 that you're working until 7 because a zero day in checking accounts is "unacceptable". I've work for the company for 9 years and always have met my sales goals yet was told by my regional manager that I'm easily replaceable because I need to pick my child up ONCE a week before 5....and I'm part time!

reviews filtered by

Good Company - But Stuck in 3 to 4 Years of Sr. Mng Turn over that is stunting their Growth

Current Employee - Principal ARCHITECT, VICE PRESIDENT in Cranston, RI
    Current Employee - Principal ARCHITECT, VICE PRESIDENT in Cranston, RI

I have been working at Citizens Bank full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good People to work with
    Good amount of Vacation time
    A lot of remote/work from home opportunities

Cons

IT System Landscape is very dated 20+Years old in some cases. This makes implementing change a Challenge.
    Recent Out Sourcing of work to Accenture has failed and left the remaining FTE and Contractors stretched very thin and over worked. It also exposed CFG to a large Gap of SME knowledge as many of the systems are not documented.
    High Contractor to FTE Ratio makes delivering any change at least 2 times more expensive.
    Constant Turn over in Sr. Mng and Direction.
    RBS and the UK government have Stunted their ability to direct change.
    Recent IPO announcements an cuts in 2104 pressure are beginning to drive Sr. Talent out of the organization.

Advice to Management

Force the BL and Exco Team to make Technology Investment in the Back Office like BPM, Imaging, and Reporting.
    Make Customer Master data the largest priority in 2014, as almost all servicing and regulatory change is directing us to service in a customer centric fashion.
    Stop letting Projects drive the Base technology descions related to BPM, Imaging, Mobile, and Data Investments. If you invest in these technologies as stand alone investments driven by IT, once the plumbing is upgraded all Project costs will come down over time as Design & Hardware builds will reduce in scope.

2. Good pay and benefits; sub par corporate culture; too much bureaucracy; management shows very little backbone

I worked at Citizens Bank full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits; decent work/life balance

Cons

Lack of leadership from middle management; everyone is out for themselves; very widget driven

Advice to Management

Don't just be a 'yes' person and relay messages down the corporate ladder; go to bat for your team; lead selflessly.

There are newer employer reviews for Citizens Bank