Horrible Sales Strategy

Former Employee - Banker II in Monroe, NY
Former Employee - Banker II in Monroe, NY

I worked at Citizens Bank full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay was decent coming out of college

Cons

Terrible sales design structure.
No external marketing to support company promotional offers.
Insane sales expectations - little attention paid to anything aside from sales targets and HOURLY conference calls discussing results.
Horrible sales staff - mostly under-qualified and overpaid. Little knowledge of the banking services or products that company provides.

Advice to Management

Hire competent Regional Managers that will assist Branch Managers in the creation and implementation of sales strategies which may actually work.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

I have been working at Citizens Bank

Pros

There are no "Pros" career wise to being in an administrative position at Citizens.

Cons

Low wage, no career path / direction / opportunity for advancement or growth. Often moved from working in one state to another state and if you suddenly get moved and have to pay 10% of your pay for parking when you didn't previously have to, you are not reimbursed. Administrative professionals are not eligible for officer titles, bonuses or incentives, even if you support C level execs. Unfortunately it is not a respected position in the bank. You are the bottom of the barrel and treated like gophers by everyone in the company.

Advice to Management

Recognize the worth of your assistants. We are not your work wives. We are professionals just like you and deserve to be treated as such because you'd be lost without us. You can't book a conference room or even get coffee or lunch on your own, you don't know how to use the copier, manage your own expenses or your calendar. You overcommit yourself and blame us or expect us to work miracles. We are not your therapists either. We are tired of hearing you complain about your "problems" when you are paid huge salaries, bonuses and have stay at home wives. Several of you don't even have a college degree yet your admin does. How does someone who doesn't have a degree get put into a Sr Leadership (EVP/Vice Chairman) position?

2. Working for Citizens Bank was a complete nightmare.

Former Employee - Teller I in Lancaster, PA
    Former Employee - Teller I in Lancaster, PA

I worked at Citizens Bank full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are not many pros for this bank. The pay is good and worth it If and only IF you have a good manager (branch and teller).

Cons

There is not enough training on the software.
    Many managers leave it to other employees to train tellers.
    Management does not listen to employees.
    No balance between work and life.
    Be careful not to be set up by Branch Manager and Teller Manager.

Advice to Management

Treat your tellers like human beings.
    Set better and more attainable goals.
    Watch management emails.
    Training should be handled better for software.