Horrible Sales Strategy

Former Employee - Banker II in Monroe, NY
Former Employee - Banker II in Monroe, NY

I worked at Citizens Bank full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay was decent coming out of college

Cons

Terrible sales design structure. No external marketing to support company promotional offers. Insane sales expectations - little attention paid to anything aside from sales targets and HOURLY conference calls discussing results. Horrible sales staff - mostly under-qualified and overpaid. Little knowledge of the banking services or products that company provides.

Advice to Management

Hire competent Regional Managers that will assist Branch Managers in the creation and implementation of sales strategies which may actually work.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. A good bank with big hurdles.

Current Employee - In Store Banker
    Current Employee - In Store Banker

I have been working at Citizens Bank full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits package, ability to move up or around, lots of support from back office staff in various departments. Citizens is a good bank to work for. However, there have been a lot of top level changes which has lead to some uncertainty.

Cons

Compensation is lower than industry average (simply based on my own research), managers are promoted based on selling - which can lead to great sales people making poor regional managers. There has been a lot of turnover lately and it seems like the Massachusetts area is in flux.

Advice to Management

Respect and retain your talented employees.

I have been working at Citizens Bank

Pros

There are no "Pros" career wise to being in an administrative position at Citizens.

Cons

Low wage, no career path / direction / opportunity for advancement or growth. Often moved from working in one state to another state and if you suddenly get moved and have to pay 10% of your pay for parking when you didn't previously have to, you are not reimbursed. Administrative professionals are not eligible for officer titles, bonuses or incentives, even if you support C level execs. Unfortunately it is not a respected position in the bank. You are the bottom of the barrel and treated like gophers by everyone in the company.

Advice to Management

Recognize the worth of your assistants. We are not your work wives. We are professionals just like you and deserve to be treated as such because you'd be lost without us. You can't book a conference room or even get coffee or lunch on your own, you don't know how to use the copier, manage your own expenses or your calendar. You overcommit yourself and blame us or expect us to work miracles. We are not your therapists either. We are tired of hearing you complain about your "problems" when you are paid huge salaries, bonuses and have stay at home wives. Several of you don't even have a college degree yet your admin does. How does someone who doesn't have a degree get put into a Sr Leadership (EVP/Vice Chairman) position?