There are newer employer reviews for Citizens Bank

In the beginning it was great but after a couple years it was like management really didn't care anymore.

Former Employee - Senior Operations Clerk in Phila, PA
Former Employee - Senior Operations Clerk in Phila, PA

I worked at Citizens Bank full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

In the beginning there were a lot of pros like they really cared about us as workers and people with families

Cons

As time went on they just stopped caring and just wanted us to work and get the job done at any cost

Advice to Management

Don't forget about the little people would helped you look good to your collegues

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

This bank will promise you the world when you are interviewing but there is no advancement or incentive to be acquired.

Current Employee - Banker I in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Banker I in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Citizens Bank full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There really are not any pros to working here.

Cons

Dealing with upper management that wants you to sell, sell, sell. They can be downright nasty if you are not producing. Then you go for training about the customer experience and are told you are not supposed to be sales sharks, but instead be truly interested and caring about the customers needs. They do not practice what they preach. They also hire people that have sales experience. It does not matter if you know anything about banking. If you can sell a cellular phone, have worked at Best Buy, or can sell a bra, they will hire you to be a manager. AND, they will pay you much more than an employee that has been with the bank for years and knows everything that you do not know. They also give insignificant annual raises. For two years in a row, the raise most employees received was 1%. We were told there was no money to be had.

Advice to Management

You say you care about your customers, but until you put the customers needs first and the sales need second, you will continue to have dissatisfied customers. Employees are also dissatisfied overall. Upper upper management needs to reach out to their bankers and tellers to see what is really happening in their branches.

2. Excellent experience

I have been working at Citizens Bank full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent leadership, can be developed to higher positions

Cons

incentive system need to be improved

Advice to Management

improve incentive system