There are newer employer reviews for Citizens Bank

Citizens is a great workplace when everyone work together as a team.

Former Employee - Senior Operations Clerk in Philadelphia, PA
Former Employee - Senior Operations Clerk in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Citizens Bank full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great learning opportunities and room to grow, as long as you are in good standing you are allowed to transfer to different branches and departments.

Cons

The pay was ok but if the company is "not able to give raises" than you miss out on a year of pay increase. At the same time you read about the company purchasing ballparks and sponsoring different events where money is involved.

Advice to Management

In the department I worked in there was no mandatory or yearly management training given to managers. This would have been a great way to refresh the managers managing styles for those who have been there for many years. It was difficult at times dealing with managers that weren’t professional.

reviews filtered by
  1. Drama

Former Employee - Teller in Portsmouth, OH
    Former Employee - Teller in Portsmouth, OH

I worked at Citizens Bank part-time (less than a year)

Pros

I had a very light work load with lots of down time. Played a lot of Candy Crush. They were flexible with scheduling, and our bonuses were usually good. An extra $300 quarterly for not much work.

Cons

Light work load and lots of down time. There were times when we were very busy but often we sat around doing nothing this lead to lots of office drama. More like High school than an office with people gossiping behind backs. Management tried to please everyone. Not much opportunity for growth. There weren't any positions available to move towards when I was there and when we did need more tellers, corporate placed a hiring freeze.

Advice to Management

Give tellers more responsibility.

No longer about the people......

Former Employee - Senior Vice President
    Former Employee - Senior Vice President

I worked at Citizens Bank full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

They used to try to make it like it was a family. No matter how big it got, they still made overtures to ensure that the employees felt appreciated and wanted to come to work. That's gone now.

Cons

There is such hubris in the executive ranks, and many of them aren't even qualified to do their job. They are so out of touch with what it really takes to get something done. And they try to do too much in a very risky way.

Advice to Management

You say you want to recruit great people, but who would want to come to a place with no work-life balance and continue to get benefits taken away. and have to work harder for less compensation. You either need to find some other enticement than money, or pay up for what you need and want. Otherwise, there is very little likelihood that all your strategic things will happen like you want them too.

There are newer employer reviews for Citizens Bank