Citizens Financial Group

www.cfgcareers.com
  www.cfgcareers.com
There are newer employer reviews for Citizens Financial Group

enjoyable, albeit limited in terms of long term career advancement

Former Employee - Teller I in Albany, NY
Former Employee - Teller I in Albany, NY

I worked at Citizens Financial Group

Pros

In my branch at least, everyone was extremely fun to work with, friendly, and supportive. My manager was a good guy, who understood how to keep everyone motivated, and working well together. He addressed issues before they became a problem. I worked here as a college student, and they were understanding of my priorities being A) school and B) work at the bank. I was actualy invited to be a part of their student internship program, which entailed bi weekly days spent at the new york headquarters, meeting with high level executives who gave us speechs on what it was like to work high up in the company.

Cons

Working in a bank period is difficult - frequently customers are highly distressed over money, which tends to be very personal, and you need to be able to diffuse that situation. Overall, it was a perfectly find part time job in college, which was good customer service experience, but I saw now real room to advance, unless you saw managing a branch as your ultimate goal.

418 Other Employee Reviews for Citizens Financial Group (View Most Recent)

Good pay, hard to bonus

Current Employee - Banker II in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Banker II in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Citizens Financial Group

Pros

Great 401k, pension, vacation time compared to other banks. Good people, fairly laid back. Tough bonus structure.

Cons

Hard to hit big bonuses if slow store.

As this is such a big company, it's ALL ABOUT YOUR TEAM.

Current Employee - Due Diligence Analyst, AML Operations in Cranston, RI
    Current Employee - Due Diligence Analyst, AML Operations in Cranston, RI

I have been working at Citizens Financial Group

Pros

There are a lot of things I enjoy my place of work. There are a ton of great people. The atmosphere in the office is largely relaxed- it is certainly many steps removed from the chaos of a trading desk, for instance. All of these things make coming into work something that I enjoy.

Cons

Constant change- as well as a RIDICULOUS amount of grey area that one must presume is a result of management not wanting to step on THEIR management's toes- these have been my biggest gripes. Lack of guidance and support from senior management is a big missing piece for me. If they engaged us, the employees, they would see SUCH a better return on employee engagement. With the resources and might of a company this size (CFG is a subsidiary of the behemoth Royal Bank of Scotland), things could be run so much smoother.

Engage, engage, engage. Morale matters most.

There are newer employer reviews for Citizens Financial Group