There are newer employer reviews for Citizens Financial Group

Short but rewarding

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Smithfield, RI
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Smithfield, RI

I worked at Citizens Financial Group

Pros

Very open enviornment - felt very welcomed when I started at Citizens. Always a helpful associate around to assist. No micromanaging at all - management caring and not fake.

Cons

Structure on my roll within the company was a work in progress with very little in the way of information coming my way.

Keep doing the work you are doing - there is a reason why there is longevity at CFG! Continue to listen to feedback from the associates and continue to implement suggestions they may have asked.

373 Other Employee Reviews for Citizens Financial Group (View Most Recent)

financially rewarding, somewhat monotonous, excellent experience

Current Employee - Assistant Branch Manager  in  Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Assistant Branch Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at Citizens Financial Group

Pros

unrivaled compensation for top performing sales people
    great benefits package including 9% 401k match, 8k tuition assistance, 22 paid days off
    bankers hours!
    best lending rates around, best deposit rates around

Cons

too many account changes and fees for the customers make it difficult to please everyone
    there is way too much pressure to sell, sometimes i feel like a used car salesman

Stop making us sell extra checking accounts to people that already have them with us. That doesn't grow market share it only increases cost.
    You created customer commitments, live by them don't just read them off a piece of paper

Worked there 6 years, the last 2 seemed to have a constantly changing company focus as if adrift.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at Citizens Financial Group

Pros

Many good people who cared about the job, the company, and the customers and in doing the right thing ethically.

Cons

Upper management seemed to have a rotating flavor of the month focus that was never allowed to take root before the next trend came along.

People can do their jobs better if you leave them to do it and not take up so much time with useless micromanagement activities.

There are newer employer reviews for Citizens Financial Group

Worked for Citizens Financial Group? Contribute to the Community!