Citizens Financial Group

www.cfgcareers.com
  www.cfgcareers.com
There are newer employer reviews for Citizens Financial Group

A place you don't want to be stuck in for a long period of time.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Providence, RI
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Providence, RI

I have been working at Citizens Financial Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The benefits and 401k package; the hours are not bad either.

Cons

Limited opportunities to be promoted. Upper management needs to re-tool. Marketing and Communications department is weak and needs to be re-vamped.

Learn to promote from within. Contractors and outside applicants have better opportunities to be promoted than those employees that have been with the company for years. You have to take care of your own first and foremost.

421 Other Employee Reviews for Citizens Financial Group (View Most Recent)

Very underwhelming and sales sales sales...

Current Employee - Teller in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Teller in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Citizens Financial Group part-time (less than an year)

Pros

The pay is pretty decent just for a teller especially if you don't have many bills

Gaining a little business experience

Vacation time for part time employees...can't say that about many employers

Nice hours if you don't have anything else to do but work although the hours can be very long and tiring

Cons

Sales...sales ....meeting sales goals here tends to be their number one objective here besides being operational sound... And honestly the products at the bank aren't that good compare to other banks and if more than one of your employees thinks the product is terrible how. Can we sell a bad product and some people realize that's it's not that good so they don't want it...

The company has to get with standard times and stop being cheap the branches in Chicago are very badly designed and not clean not to mention the one I work at has roaches and mice and everything in the branch is very old where you don't want to touch anything. Not to mention the computer hardware and software is obsolete And very slow...

Just a terrible company...no reason to work here and I would advise anyone who is thinking of it to turn around and run and think about chase or wells Fargo...

Just get better managers in general I know the branch managers and TMs do as they follow but whoever makes a lot of the rules, has to stop and think and ask is this logical and compete better with chase and bank of America as far as treating there employees fair and giving them Incentives, in which there is none. I'm not a happy employee here...it's depressing!

Typical bank/Big corporation

Current Employee - Portfolio Analyst in Providence, RI
    Current Employee - Portfolio Analyst in Providence, RI

I have been working at Citizens Financial Group

Pros

I had Good work life balance.

Cons

The company is way too top heavy and change doesn't come easily. It doesn't develop from within, it cherry picks from other companies.

Flatten out the workforce