Citizens Financial Group

www.cfgcareers.com

Desperation in the air

(Current Employee)

ProsThe company has genuinely nice people and many long timers who truly try to do right by the company. A good mix of newer people who are trying to keep the company nimble and competitive without diluting the culture that can potentially make this a special place to work.

Communications are usually good and timely. I feel informed.

ConsThe recession seems to have slowed the company significantly, as has bad exposure through its UK parent company RBS. There is a sense of panic in the air that things may get worse not better, and its not just because of the financial services industry. Belt tightening is getting extreme and worrisome. Staff cuts have gone so deep that there are simply not enough people to do the work and it is clear no one is getting more headcount.

The company technology is shockingly outdated - basic issues with employee computers and things crash constantly - tech problems are a major issue. This cannot be understated. It can take 30 minutes to log on and everyone knows someone whose computer has just died.

Increasing turnover in senior ranks/bench strength: ELG. It has been overwhelmingly their choice to leave, not the company's. These are the company's top 60 leaders, so they are very visible. Their departures are fueling water cooler talk

Workload during the past 12 months has gone from steady to heavy to unbearable. And leaders are rolling out initiative after initiative in a bid to see what might work. The company is starting to appear rudderless.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo harmony among company leaders. Back stabbing and undermining behavior. They get along on the surface, but the daggers come out quickly. May I suggest family counseling? You need it.

Underwhelming

Human Resources (Current Employee)

I have been working at Citizens Financial Group

Pros: Work/Life balance is a great benefit Cons: Lack of opportunities hurt employee morale Advice to Senior Management: Merit increases are important to your staff More

The information age is killing retail banking

Banker I (Current Employee)

I have been working at Citizens Financial Group

Pros: - Some of the best benefits I have ever seen - Decent Pay for the work - Interact with customers face to face, meeting a variety… Cons: -Sales Sales Sales! This is my main job responsibility and I am good at it, but getting the bodies to sell to is the difficult… Advice to Senior Management: My manager is great! Can't complain. More
There are newer reviews on Citizens Financial Group.

Worked for Citizens Financial Group? Contribute to the Community!