Citizens Financial Group
www.cfgcareers.com Providence, RI 5000+ Employees

Not colleague friendly at all

Branch Manager (Current Employee)
Rochester, NY

ProsDecent pay, PTO is nice, some employees really do generally care but they are the minority.

ConsSales is the only game at Citizens. It is absolutely a "what have you done for us today" atmosphere. As soon as you have one below average quarter, you go on corrective action. The policies are so subjective they can make them say whatever is the most convenient for them. Have a top of market quarter? You get audited and they find enough to basically pay you nothing. Having been in that position multiple times, it makes one wonder why good employees stay.

Advice to Senior ManagementBring the bank back to what it was 5+ years ago. The work-life balance was there, everyone worked toward a clear and common goal. The policies that RBS instituted are terrible and put all the power in the hands of the bank and leave the colleagues with no authority to make basic business decisions. In my opinion, the bank is preparing to be purchased by a competitor. The behavior is very similar to the time period before Citizens/RBS purchased Charter One.

Would not recommend employment at CFG

Providence, RI

I have been working at Citizens Financial Group full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Citizens' has decent employee benefits and is dedicated to reinvesting… Cons: Staff cuts over the last few years have resulted in less people responsible for more work. Average work week for salaried employee is 60… Advice to Senior Management: Current management could learn a lot by remembering or finding out what made Citizen's a great bank and made employees feel… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Good Overall Experience, Great Job through College

Banker I (Former Employee)
    Parma, OH

I worked at Citizens Financial Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Great Team Good Communication of products/offerings to employees Understanding to personal troubles Cons: VERY difficult to move out of branch to corporate office… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Citizens Financial Group.

Worked for Citizens Financial Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Citizens Financial Group reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Citizens Financial Group CEO Bruce Van Saun. All reviews posted anonymously by Citizens Financial Group employees.