Citizens Financial Group
cfgcareers.com Providence, RI 5000+ Employees

I was overly micromanaged and there was a lack of communication between management and their staff.

Advanced Vault Teller (Former Employee)
Slingerlands, NY

I worked at Citizens Financial Group full-time for more than a year

ProsThree weeks of vacation when you start and they often hire with a sign on bonus. The 401k match is much higher than I have experienced at other financial institutions. Training is readily available for employees looking to advance. The incentive program allows for employees to make a lot of money.

ConsEvery detail of the day has to be documented for management to review. Goals that are set generally are unobtainable. The high turnover rates makes the short staffing a problem and results in angry customers.

Advice to Senior ManagementValue your employees because a lot of talent is walking out the door lately. If your employees are happy, then so will your customers. Happy customers will bring more money into the bank.

You get promoted if you're friends with the person above you

Local Lean Change Agent (Current Employee)
Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Citizens Financial Group as a contractor for more than a year

Pros: Lots of travel Positions available to low experience employes Great way to… Cons: The individuals chosen for promotions are cocky and arrogant The Lean Program is a front for "reallocating human capital". Only problem,… Advice to Senior Management: Don't BS from day 1. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Life as a Retail Banker

Banker II (Current Employee)
Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Citizens Financial Group full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Reasonable pay, good co-workers and tuition reimbursement. Cons: Goals are very aggressive and you are only good as… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Citizens Financial Group.

Worked for Citizens Financial Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Citizens Financial Group reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Citizens Financial Group CEO Bruce Van Saun. All reviews posted anonymously by Citizens Financial Group employees.