There are newer employer reviews for Citizens Financial Group

UK Control

Former Employee - Human Resources in Boston, MA
Former Employee - Human Resources in Boston, MA

I worked at Citizens Financial Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Working relationships with peers and team can be rewarding. Vacation time is unlike anything I have seen elsewhere. Benefits are ok.

Cons

Under such UK control it is hard to do your job effectively or to have any original thoughts. Understand the current ownership structure and the control that requires but in order to effectively run the business there needs to be more flexibility.

388 Other Employee Reviews for Citizens Financial Group (View Most Recent)

Long time employee and have held many positions.

Current Employee - Bank Teller
    Current Employee - Bank Teller

I have been working at Citizens Financial Group full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Opportunities in branches for new hires. You can quickly advance to management positions within a few years.

Cons

Must move around to get promoted. Need to be flexible which is fine but hard to get used to constant changes in market.

Hostile Environment in Connecticut Branches

Former Employee - Teller Manager
    Former Employee - Teller Manager

I worked at Citizens Financial Group full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

No more pros left company has forgotten the word. At one time it was a great place to work
    10+ years ago.

Cons

The Teller Managers are dumped on and treated with not respect my the Branch and Regional Manager. I was a Long time employee and not the only long time employee who had career/life.destroyed by an out of control Manager allowed to manipulate the system an do unethical things to employees. Causing undo stress on the job and in life. The company preaches work life balance and that's not what is going on. I had to leave the Manager and a Teller who she wanted to give my job to spent much time setting up what they were doing and I was not going to fall victim anymore not a way to work everyday I want potential employees to know the truth about what they are getting into. Be ware.Watch your back and your cash can't trust anyone in this work place.

Advice is to Vice Presidents the real ones not the branch titles. No way to treat good long time hard working employees. I gave my two week notice I was allowed to work some of it the they put on a
    branch show mid day including an H.R. representative who told me they were all done with me and that I was to be walked to the door. By the way I am a customer of the back as well. I hold accounts and a mortgage Is that how you treat employees whom by the way just lost everything because no one is watching the house and the wrong people still have jobs. Sham on this company.

There are newer employer reviews for Citizens Financial Group