Citizens Financial Group
www.cfgcareers.com Providence, RI 5000+ Employees

Stressful yet rewarding job, but would never go back.

Teller Manager (Former Employee)
Chicago, IL

ProsDecent wages, great health insurance, educational assistance are all pluses. If you work very hard to get sales and become creative with it, you will do very well. I was lucky to have to perfect mix of a great teller team, great branch manager, and great customers.

ConsAggressive focus on unrealistic sales goals was a massive contributing factor to high stress and eventual high turnover of staff. The bank needs to realize that it's products and services do not compete with the big banks like Chase or Bank of America. The bank spends a huge sums of money on a marketing program that simply doesn't work. Additionally, many customers and colleagues are tired of the circa 1984 computer system and its crashes. Be wary of certain Regional Managers as they are responsible creating very stressful environments-too many useless conference calls and finger pointing throughout the day if sales goals are not met.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou are running a bank and not a used car dealership lot. Don't encourage annoying and abrasive sales tactics on your colleagues as it only promotes fraud instead of actual sales.

Tough environment

Business Banking Officer (Former Employee)
    Manchester, NH

I worked at Citizens Financial Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Very talented coworkers, great benefits Cons: Stressful environment where management micromanages employees More

Good pay and benefits, but difficult sales culture and lack of respect for the customer.

Personal Banker (Former Employee)
    Elgin, IL

I worked at Citizens Financial Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Great benefits, amazing vacation time, and good pay. Loyalty is rewarded by upper management,… Cons: The "do anything to get sales" attitude. I was forced to do a lot of shady deals and sacrifice the best thing for the… Advice to Senior Management: Strong sales is not the sole reason someone should be promoted. Some of the best bankers became Branch Managers because they excelled in sales,… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Citizens Financial Group.

Worked for Citizens Financial Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Citizens Financial Group reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Citizens Financial Group CEO Bruce Van Saun. All reviews posted anonymously by Citizens Financial Group employees.