Citizens Financial Group

www.cfgcareers.com
  www.cfgcareers.com
There are newer employer reviews for Citizens Financial Group

Stressful yet rewarding job, but would never go back.

Former Employee - Teller Manager in Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Teller Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at Citizens Financial Group full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Decent wages, great health insurance, educational assistance are all pluses. If you work very hard to get sales and become creative with it, you will do very well. I was lucky to have to perfect mix of a great teller team, great branch manager, and great customers.

Cons

Aggressive focus on unrealistic sales goals was a massive contributing factor to high stress and eventual high turnover of staff. The bank needs to realize that it's products and services do not compete with the big banks like Chase or Bank of America. The bank spends a huge sums of money on a marketing program that simply doesn't work. Additionally, many customers and colleagues are tired of the circa 1984 computer system and its crashes. Be wary of certain Regional Managers as they are responsible creating very stressful environments-too many useless conference calls and finger pointing throughout the day if sales goals are not met.

You are running a bank and not a used car dealership lot. Don't encourage annoying and abrasive sales tactics on your colleagues as it only promotes fraud instead of actual sales.

411 Other Employee Reviews for Citizens Financial Group (View Most Recent)

Hostile Environment in Connecticut Branches

Former Employee - Teller Manager
    Former Employee - Teller Manager

I worked at Citizens Financial Group full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

No more pros left company has forgotten the word. At one time it was a great place to work
    10+ years ago.

Cons

The Teller Managers are dumped on and treated with not respect my the Branch and Regional Manager. I was a Long time employee and not the only long time employee who had career/life.destroyed by an out of control Manager allowed to manipulate the system an do unethical things to employees. Causing undo stress on the job and in life. The company preaches work life balance and that's not what is going on. I had to leave the Manager and a Teller who she wanted to give my job to spent much time setting up what they were doing and I was not going to fall victim anymore not a way to work everyday I want potential employees to know the truth about what they are getting into. Be ware.Watch your back and your cash can't trust anyone in this work place.

Advice is to Vice Presidents the real ones not the branch titles. No way to treat good long time hard working employees. I gave my two week notice I was allowed to work some of it the they put on a
    branch show mid day including an H.R. representative who told me they were all done with me and that I was to be walked to the door. By the way I am a customer of the back as well. I hold accounts and a mortgage Is that how you treat employees whom by the way just lost everything because no one is watching the house and the wrong people still have jobs. Sham on this company.

Tough environment

Former Employee - Business Banking Officer in Manchester, NH
    Former Employee - Business Banking Officer in Manchester, NH

I worked at Citizens Financial Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Very talented coworkers, great benefits

Cons

Stressful environment where management micromanages employees

There are newer employer reviews for Citizens Financial Group