Citizens Financial Group

www.cfgcareers.com

Management Needs to "Walk the Talk"

Communications Manager (Former Employee) Cranston, RI

ProsGood benefits, flex schedules in many areas. Employees take pride in community outreach efforts. Good collaboration and cross-department collaboration in many areas.

ConsAs elsewhere, continual change and restructuring has created a climate of unease. Most frustrating thing is that the values and mission, which are clearly communicated, seem to be mostly "lip service" in some many areas. Transparency is a term used constantly, but the atmosphere is not truly open for employees to honestly express their true opinions (without recourse) in the multitude of surveys and meetings where feedback is sought. Employees are often set up for failure by being moved (without discussion) into roles to fit business purposes, not taking into account the skills, talents and interest.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to work with leadership more on truly supporting employees with development of skills and matching skills to the right job. "Window dressing" attempts at recognition do not balance out feelings of not being valued. If job market gets stronger, many frustrated employees will seek opportunities elsewhere in order to gain more satisfaction at doing what they do best for an organization that supports them in their career.

What a nightmare

Branch Manager, Officer (Former Employee) East Stroudsburg, PA

I worked at Citizens Financial Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: -Great co-workers -ok time off -ok incentive Cons: -Management has such a disconnect with branches. They think that their approach to sales is going to work, what jerks. They need… Advice to Senior Management: Maybe management should work in branches for a few weeks and really see how it is, so maybe they could have a better understanding on… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Citizens Financial Group is an awesome company to work for!

I have been working at Citizens Financial Group full-time

Pros: Achievable Incentive Structure Competitive Salary Innovative Customer Oriented Cons: Banking industry as a whole is currently facing crippling regulatory… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Citizens Financial Group.

Worked for Citizens Financial Group? Contribute to the Community!