Citizens Financial Group

www.cfgcareers.com
There are newer employer reviews for Citizens Financial Group

This place is bad news to work for

I worked at Citizens Financial Group

Pros

met my husband there. there are no other pros

Cons

They are not very work/life balanced. at all. not even a bit.

remember what ti was like when you were in the branches before you start demanding

436 Other Employee Reviews for Citizens Financial Group (View Most Recent)

Management Needs to "Walk the Talk"

Former Employee - Communications Manager in Cranston, RI
    Former Employee - Communications Manager in Cranston, RI

I worked at Citizens Financial Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good benefits, flex schedules in many areas. Employees take pride in community outreach efforts. Good collaboration and cross-department collaboration in many areas.

Cons

As elsewhere, continual change and restructuring has created a climate of unease. Most frustrating thing is that the values and mission, which are clearly communicated, seem to be mostly "lip service" in some many areas. Transparency is a term used constantly, but the atmosphere is not truly open for employees to honestly express their true opinions (without recourse) in the multitude of surveys and meetings where feedback is sought. Employees are often set up for failure by being moved (without discussion) into roles to fit business purposes, not taking into account the skills, talents and interest.

Need to work with leadership more on truly supporting employees with development of skills and matching skills to the right job. "Window dressing" attempts at recognition do not balance out feelings of not being valued. If job market gets stronger, many frustrated employees will seek opportunities elsewhere in order to gain more satisfaction at doing what they do best for an organization that supports them in their career.

What a nightmare

Former Employee - Branch Manager, Officer in East Stroudsburg, PA
    Former Employee - Branch Manager, Officer in East Stroudsburg, PA

I worked at Citizens Financial Group full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

-Great co-workers
    -ok time off
    -ok incentive

Cons

-Management has such a disconnect with branches. They think that their approach to sales is going to work, what jerks. They need to get their act together, because their sales routines don't work for a happy customer experience. What the hell happened to the "CREDO"

Maybe management should work in branches for a few weeks and really see how it is, so maybe they could have a better understanding on how to manage better. I was a branch manager in northeast PA, and I had pride in my job until the change happened. It turned me off 100%

There are newer employer reviews for Citizens Financial Group