Citizens Financial Group

There are newer employer reviews for Citizens Financial Group

The Truth About Citizens Bank

Current Employee - Personal Universal Banker in Boston, MA
Current Employee - Personal Universal Banker in Boston, MA

I have been working at Citizens Financial Group full-time (more than a year)

Pros

-pay is great, tuition reimbursement, good benefits and vacation

-many promotions and a variety of products to sell, product is easy to sell once you find the right customer

-schedule is very flexible, you will be accomodated based on business need

-expectations from upper management are very clear

-plenty of money to make if you're willing to go the extra mile

Cons

-systems and technology are outdated (but do you really wanna be replaced by mobile deposit? lol)

-customer service line/phonebank doesn't work in sync with the branches (which can frustrate some customers)

-Onboarding process will make or break you, especially if your team members are lazy/ working against you

-rumors about buyout are creating a lack of faith in the citizens brand from a customer standpoint

-wealth management/ investment program is still a work in progress and has mixed results

I'm looking at other reviews and people are slandering this company, complaining. What a shame. I come from a retail sales background. To be quite honest we are getting paid handsomely to do what people in walmart or bestbuy are doing for next to nothing.

This company is not perfect, but if you are a self-starter and have a will to succeed then you will do fine here. Yes, the sales pressure is high, but if you want to make some money and keep your job, YOU'LL FIGURE IT OUT. Your success is contigent upon how far you're willing to go.

Upper Management! Please, clean house! Find out who has no motivation to work here as well as the people who do dishonest work, and fire them all. It will make all of our lives easier. The biggest problem I'm seeing is that too many people don't care or don't want to make the effort to work here. Fire them and find motivated people who want to make some money!

441 Other Employee Reviews for Citizens Financial Group (View Most Recent)

I have been working at Citizens Financial Group

Pros

There are no "Pros" career wise to being in an administrative position at Citizens.

Cons

Low wage, no career path / direction / opportunity for advancement or growth. Often moved from working in one state to another state and if you suddenly get moved and have to pay 10% of your pay for parking when you didn't previously have to, you are not reimbursed. Administrative professionals are not eligible for officer titles, bonuses or incentives, even if you support C level execs. Unfortunately it is not a respected position in the bank. You are the bottom of the barrel and treated like gophers by everyone in the company.

Recognize the worth of your assistants. We are not your work wives. We are professionals just like you and deserve to be treated as such because you'd be lost without us. You can't book a conference room or even get coffee or lunch on your own, you don't know how to use the copier, manage your own expenses or your calendar. You overcommit yourself and blame us or expect us to work miracles. We are not your therapists either. We are tired of hearing you complain about your "problems" when you are paid huge salaries, bonuses and have stay at home wives. Several of you don't even have a college degree yet your admin does. How does someone who doesn't have a degree get put into a Sr Leadership (EVP/Vice Chairman) position?

Don't work here if you want to learn and challenge poor practices

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Providence, RI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Providence, RI

I have been working at Citizens Financial Group full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Salary and benefits are ok, but I found out the person who was previously in my role earned $30,000 more

Cons

If you disagree with a manager, you will become an outcast, exiled to your own lonely island. Your life will be miserable thereafter.

There is so much red tape in the company that you can't even create an Excel sheet without at least 1 manager looking over the work. I'm not even sure my manager understands the nature of my work.

There is no learning. I worked at a larger bank and learned 10x more in half the time. The work I do here is extremely dull and mind-numbing. Nobody cares whether you learn.

Fire all of middle management. They are worthless

There are newer employer reviews for Citizens Financial Group