Citizens Financial Group
www.cfgcareers.com Providence, RI 5000+ Employees

The Truth About Citizens Bank

Personal Universal Banker (Current Employee)
Boston, MA

Pros-pay is great, tuition reimbursement, good benefits and vacation

-many promotions and a variety of products to sell, product is easy to sell once you find the right customer

-schedule is very flexible, you will be accomodated based on business need

-expectations from upper management are very clear

-plenty of money to make if you're willing to go the extra mile

Cons-systems and technology are outdated (but do you really wanna be replaced by mobile deposit? lol)

-customer service line/phonebank doesn't work in sync with the branches (which can frustrate some customers)

-Onboarding process will make or break you, especially if your team members are lazy/ working against you

-rumors about buyout are creating a lack of faith in the citizens brand from a customer standpoint

-wealth management/ investment program is still a work in progress and has mixed results

Advice to Senior ManagementI'm looking at other reviews and people are slandering this company, complaining. What a shame. I come from a retail sales background. To be quite honest we are getting paid handsomely to do what people in walmart or bestbuy are doing for next to nothing.

This company is not perfect, but if you are a self-starter and have a will to succeed then you will do fine here. Yes, the sales pressure is high, but if you want to make some money and keep your job, YOU'LL FIGURE IT OUT. Your success is contigent upon how far you're willing to go.

Upper Management! Please, clean house! Find out who has no motivation to work here as well as the people who do dishonest work, and fire them all. It will make all of our lives easier. The biggest problem I'm seeing is that too many people don't care or don't want to make the effort to work here. Fire them and find motivated people who want to make some money!

Things are changing, and not for the better.

Senior Personal Banker (Current Employee)
    Wilmington, DE

I have been working at Citizens Financial Group full-time for more than a year

Pros: Decent Salary, Great Co-workers, great customers. Cons: Upper management is only sales focused, poor work/life balance. Always… Advice to Senior Management: Continue to focus on customer service. Your employees want to help customers and clients, and your back up and… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great experience but low pay and not much opportunity

Personal Banker (Current Employee)
    Rochester, NH

I have been working at Citizens Financial Group full-time for more than a year

Pros: Good work/life balance Nice people The goals are definitely attainable Cons: Pay is not good company culture is changing in a bad… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Citizens Financial Group.

Worked for Citizens Financial Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Citizens Financial Group reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Citizens Financial Group CEO Bruce Van Saun. All reviews posted anonymously by Citizens Financial Group employees.