Citizens Financial Group

www.cfgcareers.com

Good Company - But Stuck in 3 to 4 Years of Sr. Mng Turn over that is stunting their Growth

Principal ARCHITECT, VICE PRESIDENT (Current Employee) Cranston, RI

ProsGood People to work with
Good amount of Vacation time
A lot of remote/work from home opportunities

ConsIT System Landscape is very dated 20+Years old in some cases. This makes implementing change a Challenge.
Recent Out Sourcing of work to Accenture has failed and left the remaining FTE and Contractors stretched very thin and over worked. It also exposed CFG to a large Gap of SME knowledge as many of the systems are not documented.
High Contractor to FTE Ratio makes delivering any change at least 2 times more expensive.
Constant Turn over in Sr. Mng and Direction.
RBS and the UK government have Stunted their ability to direct change.
Recent IPO announcements an cuts in 2104 pressure are beginning to drive Sr. Talent out of the organization.

Advice to Senior ManagementForce the BL and Exco Team to make Technology Investment in the Back Office like BPM, Imaging, and Reporting.
Make Customer Master data the largest priority in 2014, as almost all servicing and regulatory change is directing us to service in a customer centric fashion.
Stop letting Projects drive the Base technology descions related to BPM, Imaging, Mobile, and Data Investments. If you invest in these technologies as stand alone investments driven by IT, once the plumbing is upgraded all Project costs will come down over time as Design & Hardware builds will reduce in scope.

Work, Work, Work. Micromanagement, too much runaround to process work. Not much appreciation to staff.

Clerk (Former Employee) Medford, MA

I worked at Citizens Financial Group as a contractor for less than a year

Pros: Good location for public transportation commute. Cons: Too many micromanaging activities, old systems that lack quality to customer service. Lots… Advice to Senior Management: Appreciate your hard working employees and learn to discipline and coach… More

Good company, good benefits too much peer pressure

Bank Teller (Former Employee) Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Citizens Financial Group full-time for more than a year

Pros: they provided good benefits to me as a part time… Cons: there was constant pressure to reach your sales goals. Advice to Senior Management: Figure out a way to help the tellers reach their goals… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Citizens Financial Group.

Worked for Citizens Financial Group? Contribute to the Community!