Citizens Financial Group

www.cfgcareers.com
  www.cfgcareers.com
There are newer employer reviews for Citizens Financial Group

A good bank with big hurdles.

Current Employee - In Store Banker
Current Employee - In Store Banker

I have been working at Citizens Financial Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits package, ability to move up or around, lots of support from back office staff in various departments. Citizens is a good bank to work for. However, there have been a lot of top level changes which has lead to some uncertainty.

Cons

Compensation is lower than industry average (simply based on my own research), managers are promoted based on selling - which can lead to great sales people making poor regional managers. There has been a lot of turnover lately and it seems like the Massachusetts area is in flux.

Respect and retain your talented employees.

421 Other Employee Reviews for Citizens Financial Group (View Most Recent)

diversity

Former Employee - Branch Manager in Sandwich, MA
    Former Employee - Branch Manager in Sandwich, MA

I worked at Citizens Financial Group full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

easy pre screening for employment

Cons

commitment to staff and treatment of employees

learn how to treat your people

The Truth About Citizens Bank

Current Employee - Personal Universal Banker in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Personal Universal Banker in Boston, MA

I have been working at Citizens Financial Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

-pay is great, tuition reimbursement, good benefits and vacation

-many promotions and a variety of products to sell, product is easy to sell once you find the right customer

-schedule is very flexible, you will be accomodated based on business need

-expectations from upper management are very clear

-plenty of money to make if you're willing to go the extra mile

Cons

-systems and technology are outdated (but do you really wanna be replaced by mobile deposit? lol)

-customer service line/phonebank doesn't work in sync with the branches (which can frustrate some customers)

-Onboarding process will make or break you, especially if your team members are lazy/ working against you

-rumors about buyout are creating a lack of faith in the citizens brand from a customer standpoint

-wealth management/ investment program is still a work in progress and has mixed results

I'm looking at other reviews and people are slandering this company, complaining. What a shame. I come from a retail sales background. To be quite honest we are getting paid handsomely to do what people in walmart or bestbuy are doing for next to nothing.

This company is not perfect, but if you are a self-starter and have a will to succeed then you will do fine here. Yes, the sales pressure is high, but if you want to make some money and keep your job, YOU'LL FIGURE IT OUT. Your success is contigent upon how far you're willing to go.

Upper Management! Please, clean house! Find out who has no motivation to work here as well as the people who do dishonest work, and fire them all. It will make all of our lives easier. The biggest problem I'm seeing is that too many people don't care or don't want to make the effort to work here. Fire them and find motivated people who want to make some money!

There are newer employer reviews for Citizens Financial Group