Citizens Financial Group

There are newer employer reviews for Citizens Financial Group

Short stint in Human Resources

Former Employee - Human Resource Service Center Employee in Smithfield, RI
Former Employee - Human Resource Service Center Employee in Smithfield, RI

I worked at Citizens Financial Group as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

The training was very helpful. We were in charge of notifying current Citizens employees of their benefits during Open Enrollment. The people I worked with were fun.

Cons

Not a very exciting atmosphere. People seemed afraid that they were going to lose their jobs. People looked down on the contracted employees.

Try to make the place more exciting.

441 Other Employee Reviews for Citizens Financial Group (View Most Recent)

My experience was great at the start but after a year or so it was a like a steep hill you fall down.

I worked at Citizens Financial Group

Pros

Well at first it was great to be there and it does have some great employees who is really follow the credo.

Cons

They have some management who do not care about there employees but care about the one who agrees to do there under handed, devious ideas they have to get rid of employees. In addition they create these commercials that promotes the customer first but I feel that is not true. Its really about the sale and the money they can make off the customer. But when you try to put the customer first they don't really want that.

reevaluate your motive, customer service and the way you treat your employees. Evaluate your management.

A good bank with big hurdles.

Current Employee - In Store Banker
    Current Employee - In Store Banker

I have been working at Citizens Financial Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits package, ability to move up or around, lots of support from back office staff in various departments. Citizens is a good bank to work for. However, there have been a lot of top level changes which has lead to some uncertainty.

Cons

Compensation is lower than industry average (simply based on my own research), managers are promoted based on selling - which can lead to great sales people making poor regional managers. There has been a lot of turnover lately and it seems like the Massachusetts area is in flux.

Respect and retain your talented employees.

There are newer employer reviews for Citizens Financial Group