Citizens Financial Group

www.cfgcareers.com
  www.cfgcareers.com
There are newer employer reviews for Citizens Financial Group

Citizens is a great workplace when everyone work together as a team.

Former Employee - Senior Operations Clerk in Philadelphia, PA
Former Employee - Senior Operations Clerk in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Citizens Financial Group full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great learning opportunities and room to grow, as long as you are in good standing you are allowed to transfer to different branches and departments.

Cons

The pay was ok but if the company is "not able to give raises" than you miss out on a year of pay increase. At the same time you read about the company purchasing ballparks and sponsoring different events where money is involved.

In the department I worked in there was no mandatory or yearly management training given to managers. This would have been a great way to refresh the managers managing styles for those who have been there for many years. It was difficult at times dealing with managers that weren’t professional.

418 Other Employee Reviews for Citizens Financial Group (View Most Recent)

Worst Company I have ever worked for.

Current Employee - Branch Manager
    Current Employee - Branch Manager

I have been working at Citizens Financial Group full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Colleagues, Competitive Salary. Poor Incentive Stucture.

Cons

No work Life Balance ,overworked ,staff shortages throughout footprint, extensive numerous daily conference calls, micro-micromanaged. Unrealistic Goals

This company lost sight of what is really important. Customers and Colleagues should be the most important. This company only cares about making money at the expense of its employees and customers. They do not care about their customers or employees. All they care about is if you met all 10 goals for the day and if you did, great ,, now what else are you going to achieve today. Management should actually work in the branch day in and day out and do what they require their employees to do. Lets go walk the Walk. They can talk the talk.

Drama

Former Employee - Teller in Portsmouth, OH
    Former Employee - Teller in Portsmouth, OH

I worked at Citizens Financial Group part-time (less than an year)

Pros

I had a very light work load with lots of down time. Played a lot of Candy Crush. They were flexible with scheduling, and our bonuses were usually good. An extra $300 quarterly for not much work.

Cons

Light work load and lots of down time. There were times when we were very busy but often we sat around doing nothing this lead to lots of office drama. More like High school than an office with people gossiping behind backs. Management tried to please everyone. Not much opportunity for growth. There weren't any positions available to move towards when I was there and when we did need more tellers, corporate placed a hiring freeze.

Give tellers more responsibility.

There are newer employer reviews for Citizens Financial Group