There are newer employer reviews for Citizens Financial Group

Personal Banker

Current Employee - Personal Banker in Malden, MA
Current Employee - Personal Banker in Malden, MA

I have been working at Citizens Financial Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great benefit package, Community based company

Cons

Need to add more balance in co-workers social meeting or events

Keep up the good work, work on giving better raises/bonuses

392 Other Employee Reviews for Citizens Financial Group (View Most Recent)

Micromanaged

Current Employee - Personal Universal Banker in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Personal Universal Banker in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Citizens Financial Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The pros here aren't many. Good amount of vacation, and decent benefits.

Cons

There are probably too many to list here. You will be micromanaged daily. They go as far as having managers plan your days down to the hour. The regionals and upper management are completely out of touch with the branches. The goals increase quarterly and become more outlandish. The culture is changing from doing what's right for customer to doing what's right for the bottom line. The incentive plan is moving to a profit and loss based system and regionals are pushing service fees as profit. Regionals are also pushing for branches to fake accounts and credit cards. They hardly ever promote from within, but will hire gas station cashiers or lingerie store cashiers as managers at a higher pay rate than those promoted. Many of the managers are under trained and are being trained by their employees. Be prepared to work for the company for years and then have to train and babysit your boss on a daily basis. Very high turnover rate not just for bankers but also for branch and regional managers. The branches are always short staffed and the current bankers are expected to increase their sales production to make up for shortages. The hours for in store bankers are terrible.

Review your management training or lack thereof. Find a way to learn what really happens in the branches and what it is like to work in one. Work on a way to retain your top employees instead of letting them leave.

Good management and competitive pay

Former Employee - Teller Manager in Quincy, MA
    Former Employee - Teller Manager in Quincy, MA

I worked at Citizens Financial Group full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I always enjoyed the people I worked with. I was pretty satisfied with my pay and my time off.

Cons

I know some people who didn't have as good a relationship with their managers and coworkers as I did. It is also a very intense sales environment. You are expected to try and sell a product to every customer you help.

There are newer employer reviews for Citizens Financial Group