Citizens Financial Group

Moved NYC employees to Stamford CT

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Citizens Financial Group

Pros

The NYC office had been a great location, but they moved most of the units to a new building in Stamford.

Cons

The commute to the Stamford CT location was very difficult for local NYC residents.

The Stamford move was difficult.

420 Other Employee Reviews for Citizens Financial Group (View Most Recent)

If you're dumb but you can nag and annoy, you're upper management material

Current Employee - Teller in Upper Darby, PA
    Current Employee - Teller in Upper Darby, PA

I have been working at Citizens Financial Group

Pros

You want easy hours and little work (unless you are a branch assistant manager).
    Benefits are all good.

Cons

The ONLY way you move up in this organization is by kissing the ass of your superior, and by this I mean something specific: Your superior is getting his ass spanked by his superior, who insists in a barrage of daily emails that he generate more "sales". To whatever extent you can sympathize and pretend to somehow magically generate more sales (that nobody in the organisation has any actual sales insight notwithstanding), you'll get promoted.

Overall, the organization feels like a zombie.

Give us a real vision that we can communicate to customers. And emphasize LEADERSHIP, not sales. The sales will follow.

How do you like feeling like a used car salesman?

Former Employee - Assistant Branch Manager - Instore in Jamison, PA
    Former Employee - Assistant Branch Manager - Instore in Jamison, PA

I worked at Citizens Financial Group

Pros

Benefit package was very good. There are many nice perks for current employees including vredit towards new home purchases, day-care credit, and education credit.

Cons

Other than a few people I worked at in the branch level, there is a very cut throat attitude. I was a top performing manager and was basically forced out of my job because the manager and I did not agree on how sales should be made. She felt that every customer should leave the branch with some sort of new product, regardless if they needed it or not. This was a philosophy shared by upper management as well. There were 2 daily conference calls with the region (14 branches). The morning one was to game plan how you were not only going to "sell" 3-4 checking accounts a day, but also set 10 new appointments for new products. The evening one was to either explain how you met those goals, or try and explain how you didn't and what you would do the next day to not only rebound from that's day's failure, but to make the next day a success.
    I would not recommend this company to even my worst enemy.

It's about the customer needs, not making some arbitrary number,

There are newer employer reviews for Citizens Financial Group