There are newer employer reviews for Citizens Financial Group

stressful but alright money for area and starting position

Current Employee - Banker  in  Buffalo, NY
Current Employee - Banker in Buffalo, NY

I have been working at Citizens Financial Group

Pros

paid well, ability to earn more for selling checking accounts, mostly friendly atmosphere, nice benefits package, flexible schedule, holiday hours

Cons

very stressful due to its sales pitching, need a lot of sales for checking accounts and uncomfortable situations during "aisle time" (for in store only. A time where you go throughout a store and ask random strangers about their personal finances and then ask them to open up an account). The managers I've worked with weren't very competent. must work weekends for in store

make it easier to learn everything because there is a lot to take in

375 Other Employee Reviews for Citizens Financial Group (View Most Recent)

Hard Work, Low Pay, Downward Spiral

Current Employee - Banker I  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Banker I in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Citizens Financial Group

Pros

- Very good place to get your foot into the door within the industry
    - Good opportunity to learn about banking without tremendous prior experience
    - Friendly atmosphere, good working relationship among peers.

Cons

Where do I begin?
    I've worked for over 6 months in a short staffed branch without a branch manager. Senior management expects all goals to be exceeded and has even increased our goals yet have failed to provide management for my branch. The technology is way behind and we are forced to product push multiple products to customers that they really do not need.
    - I was also strongly advised by upper management to not go for a promotion because "you actually may get it and not be ready for it" - Their words.

Step down from your thrones and take a serious look at how hard peasant life is.

BRITISH GOVERNMENT NOT GETTING THEIR MONEY'S WORTH.

Current Employee - Branch Manager  in  Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Branch Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at Citizens Financial Group

Pros

Competitive benefits, wonderful colleagues, nice customers.

Cons

Where to begin? Bank is very dysfunctional and extremely disorganized. "Too Many Chiefs, Not Enough Indians"-very top heavy with midlevel and senior management while staffing in the branches is minimal at best. Constant and relentless sales pressure to sell the customer any product the bank is pushing-feel very much like a used car salesman. Micro-managed from the minute you walk in the morning to the minute you leave at the end of the day. Bank's overall infrastructure including systems, ATM equipment, etc. is in total disrepair, yet Citizens spends huge sums on new advertising and glossy brochures. Ellen Alemany, the C.E.O. may be a bright woman, but is clueless when its comes to retail banking. Why is the British Government paying this woman to maintain at least two corpoarte offices-New York and Providence yet the bank cannot even afford bottled water for its branches or calendars or X-mas envelopes for its customers. I just don't get it! I would not recommend working for Citizens until RBS sells them and they get their act together.

You are not in the same league as Bank of America. Stop trying to be just like them.!Your real competition is the smaller community banks. Your fees and product offerings should reflect this and they don't.

There are newer employer reviews for Citizens Financial Group

Worked for Citizens Financial Group? Contribute to the Community!