Citizens Financial Group
cfgcareers.com Providence, RI 5000+ Employees

BRITISH GOVERNMENT NOT GETTING THEIR MONEY'S WORTH.

BRANCH MANAGER (Current Employee)
Boston, MA

I have been working at Citizens Financial Group

ProsCompetitive benefits, wonderful colleagues, nice customers.

ConsWhere to begin? Bank is very dysfunctional and extremely disorganized. "Too Many Chiefs, Not Enough Indians"-very top heavy with midlevel and senior management while staffing in the branches is minimal at best. Constant and relentless sales pressure to sell the customer any product the bank is pushing-feel very much like a used car salesman. Micro-managed from the minute you walk in the morning to the minute you leave at the end of the day. Bank's overall infrastructure including systems, ATM equipment, etc. is in total disrepair, yet Citizens spends huge sums on new advertising and glossy brochures. Ellen Alemany, the C.E.O. may be a bright woman, but is clueless when its comes to retail banking. Why is the British Government paying this woman to maintain at least two corpoarte offices-New York and Providence yet the bank cannot even afford bottled water for its branches or calendars or X-mas envelopes for its customers. I just don't get it! I would not recommend working for Citizens until RBS sells them and they get their act together.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou are not in the same league as Bank of America. Stop trying to be just like them.!Your real competition is the smaller community banks. Your fees and product offerings should reflect this and they don't.

Not a place to work if you are looking for growth

Fraud Analyst (Current Employee)
Medford, MA

I have been working at Citizens Financial Group

Pros: easy work load, friendly management Cons: stagnant working environment, no feedback given on work performance Advice to Senior Management: Should look into offering incentives for performance More

I had a pleasant experience working for CFG.

Bank Teller (Current Employee)
Providence, RI

I have been working at Citizens Financial Group

Pros: Customer oriented, community oriented very friendly staff Cons: no room for growth under staff low salaries Advice to Senior Management: To offer proper resources and training 12 cent pay increase would not keep the front line motivated and willing to go the extra mile Going green campaign,… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Citizens Financial Group.

Worked for Citizens Financial Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Citizens Financial Group reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Citizens Financial Group CEO Bruce Van Saun. All reviews posted anonymously by Citizens Financial Group employees.