Citizens Republic Bancorp
www.citizensonline.com Flint, MI 1000 to 5000 Employees

Citizens, a Challenged Survivor

Vice President (Current Employee)
Novi, MI

I have been working at Citizens Republic Bancorp

ProsManagement has sought to create a vision of a company that it has genuine aspirations to become. It believes in doing the right things from a credit perspective and John Schwab is one of the best credit minds that I've ever worked with. I believe the company will be a survivor of the current credit environment.

ConsIn this environment, communication has been very poor. Staff members disappear without any formal announcement of their departure, informal communication is rampant. We're based in a market that has/will see a deep recession and slow recovery. That side of our work isn't a great deal of fun.

Advice to Senior ManagementIdentify a vision for Citizens that is robust enough to be valid in this environment and will remain so during the eventual recovery. It is difficult to have faith when you're told that a dividend cut is enough to help us weather the storm, then that we must eliminate the dividend to avoid having to raise capital, then to raise capital anyway making "our balance sheet bullet proof", then taking TARP funds to add even more liquidity. While each of these moves may have been necessary and good, it makes it difficult to believe that senior management knows what we need. Create the vision and proactively drive the company toward it, rather than being so reactionary.

Once a great bank that has been destroyed by current leadership.

Flint, MI

I have been working at Citizens Republic Bancorp

Pros: Flexible work hours and a reasonable salary. It is Michigan and it is a job, but that's about it.… Cons: This was once a great bank to work at but the acquistion of Republic has completely destroyed employee faith in management. The Hartman era… Advice to Senior Management: Perform due diligence before making acquisitions. Try executing one strategy before heading down a completely different path.… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Great Management, Great learning opporunities

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Citizens Republic Bancorp

Pros: Training, Growth opportunities, Management listens and uses your thoughts, Cons: Pay, strict, busy work, All minimal cons overall great company More

There are newer reviews on Citizens Republic Bancorp.

Worked for Citizens Republic Bancorp? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Citizens Republic Bancorp reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Citizens Republic Bancorp CEO Cathy Nash. All reviews posted anonymously by Citizens Republic Bancorp employees.