Citizens Republic Bancorp
www.citizensonline.com Flint, MI 1000 to 5000 Employees

Very Employee Friendly.

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)
Jefferson, WI

ProsThe Training process is second to none! The Trainers are also great ppl! I really love that they really do listen to their employees thoughts. When you do good things they dont go unnoticed!

ConsThey have cut back on raises. And made it more difficult to reach incentives. It is very hard sometimes to reach goals or complete all of your weekly sales stuff when you are only part-time. They limit their full-time employees and hire mainly part-time staff. Which is very sad considering the great things this company can do.

Citizens, a Challenged Survivor

Vice President (Current Employee)
    Novi, MI

I have been working at Citizens Republic Bancorp

Pros: Management has sought to create a vision of a company that it has genuine aspirations to become. It believes in doing the right things… Cons: In this environment, communication has been very poor. Staff members disappear without any formal announcement of their departure, informal communication is rampant. We're… Advice to Senior Management: Identify a vision for Citizens that is robust enough to be valid in this environment and will remain so during the eventual recovery. It… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Once a great bank that has been destroyed by current leadership.

Flint, MI

I have been working at Citizens Republic Bancorp

Pros: Flexible work hours and a reasonable salary. It is Michigan and it is a job, but that's about it.… Cons: This was once a great bank to work at but the acquistion of Republic has completely destroyed employee faith in management. The Hartman era… Advice to Senior Management: Perform due diligence before making acquisitions. Try executing one strategy before heading down a completely different path.… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Citizens Republic Bancorp.

Worked for Citizens Republic Bancorp? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Citizens Republic Bancorp reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Citizens Republic Bancorp CEO Cathy Nash. All reviews posted anonymously by Citizens Republic Bancorp employees.