Good company, should do well in the recession

Current Employee - Product Manager  in  Santa Barbara, CA
Current Employee - Product Manager in Santa Barbara, CA

I have been working at Citrix Systems

Pros

Good products and a beautiful city to work in

Cons

Promotions are few and far between and salary isn't competitive with other technology companies

Make better career paths for all emplyees, not just entry level

Other Reviews for Citrix Systems

Great executives, mid-management needs a refresh.

Current Employee - Product Marketing Manager  in  Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Product Marketing Manager in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Citrix Systems

Pros

Really cares about its employees as evidenced by compensation and benefits. There is a lot of opportunity for the right person, but be aware of the downsides to determine if you are the right person. Mark is very approachable and a blast to talk to.

Cons

Some managers seem to only want yes-men working for them. Disagree and you will be treated as an outsider. There doesn't seem to be a good career path for marketing people and the way that marketing is matrix managed makes it difficult to do your job and get appropriate feedback. Sometimes it seems like there is a tug of war between marketing and the product groups and product marketing gets caught in the crossfire.

Find out what employees are really thinking. Many are afraid to speak out in the survey.

Citrix's days are numbered

Former Employee - Director  in  Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Former Employee - Director in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at Citrix Systems

Pros

Great technical offering. Shame the technology doesn't live within a more supportive company.

Cons

Very discouraging, political environment. I was hired to accomplish specific things and when I embarked on these projects I hit brick walls all over the place. Recommendations fell on deaf ears with little or no support from my chain of command to do what I was hired to do.

The field doesn't think company leadership walks the talk. Some leaders are okay but overall they are unresponsive, listen selectively and mostly out of touch with what is happening outside the ivory tower. They won't, or are afraid to, confront the hard issues.

There are newer employer reviews for Citrix Systems.

Worked for Citrix Systems? Contribute to the Community!