The Citrix Workplace

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Citrix Systems full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

- Very flexible work schedule. - Working from home options. I work from home twice a week. - If you do good work, your manager leaves you alone to do your work without micro management. - Competitive Salary. - Many opportunities for growth and career development. - An overall cool environment to work in. - You can work from anywhere, home, any campus, any office. This is pretty cool. - People in most part are cool to work with. I've made a lot of friends working at Citrix.

Cons

Can only speak for my experience in my department, and not the entire company: - Functional teams tend to over protect from each other. - Sometimes collaboration between different teams is difficult and require senior management intervention. - Decisions tend to to be very political in nature. - The main thing I don't like is the reactive nature of some decision makers. But, I can see this behavior in other organizations outside Citrix as well. - If you're a manager who deals with a budget, you may have a hard time dealing with how the budget is done.

Advice to Management

The CEO is excellent! He is a visionary and a trend setter. He is not just a manager, but a leader. He truly leads the company. All Citrix managers should follow his example within their own functional areas.

Other Employee Reviews for Citrix Systems

1. Great people, great management, open environment, multiple learning opportunities

Current Employee - Senior Software Test Engineer II in Goleta, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Test Engineer II in Goleta, CA

I have been working at Citrix Systems full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great work environment Open minded people Great visibility from top to bottom

Cons

Love to work at Citrix but there are definetely room for a lot of improvement like collabaration amongst different locations with Citrix. Being able to use work done by other groups more rwadily and easily

Advice to Management

Need more innovation to continue to bethe leader

2. Citrix has a great work environment.

Former Intern - Development Intern in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Former Intern - Development Intern in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at Citrix Systems as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Worked in the Fort Lauderdale office and the work culture was excellent. It was an interesting project, my ideas were heard and it made for a good experience. Even though there weren't code reviews, my work in the project was reviewed and I received good feedback and that is essential when you are intern.

Cons

Did not get the opportunity to interact with the entire development team on a day to day basis as they were in a different office.