The Citrix Workplace

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Citrix Systems full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

- Very flexible work schedule. - Working from home options. I work from home twice a week. - If you do good work, your manager leaves you alone to do your work without micro management. - Competitive Salary. - Many opportunities for growth and career development. - An overall cool environment to work in. - You can work from anywhere, home, any campus, any office. This is pretty cool. - People in most part are cool to work with. I've made a lot of friends working at Citrix.

Cons

Can only speak for my experience in my department, and not the entire company: - Functional teams tend to over protect from each other. - Sometimes collaboration between different teams is difficult and require senior management intervention. - Decisions tend to to be very political in nature. - The main thing I don't like is the reactive nature of some decision makers. But, I can see this behavior in other organizations outside Citrix as well. - If you're a manager who deals with a budget, you may have a hard time dealing with how the budget is done.

Advice to Management

The CEO is excellent! He is a visionary and a trend setter. He is not just a manager, but a leader. He truly leads the company. All Citrix managers should follow his example within their own functional areas.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Good place to start your career

Current Employee - Senior Software Development Engineer in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Development Engineer in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Citrix Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Citrix has a throbbing start up culture, which is preserved even amidst a host of new acquisitions in the Silicon Valley. The company has an excellent forecast to dominate in Desktop, Server Virtualization and Enterprise Application delivery segments. It has decent employee benefits and offers tremendous growth potential as the company expands.

Cons

Affable work culture is not homogenous through out the organization. Striking work life balance is highly dependent on geography, divisions within Citrix.

2. Great people, great management, open environment, multiple learning opportunities

Current Employee - Senior Software Test Engineer II in Goleta, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Test Engineer II in Goleta, CA

I have been working at Citrix Systems full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great work environment Open minded people Great visibility from top to bottom

Cons

Love to work at Citrix but there are definetely room for a lot of improvement like collabaration amongst different locations with Citrix. Being able to use work done by other groups more rwadily and easily

Advice to Management

Need more innovation to continue to bethe leader