There are newer employer reviews for Citrix Systems

Great company to work and grow your skills

Current Employee - Director in Fort Lauderdale, FL
Current Employee - Director in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Citrix Systems full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Lots of different product areas allow you to move within the company and keep learning new things. Great C-level management team with a vision for growth that has shown great results over the past 10 years.

Cons

Pick carefully which group you join in. Your manager will make a big different in your overall satisfaction with the company.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

The Citrix Workplace

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Citrix Systems full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

- Very flexible work schedule. - Working from home options. I work from home twice a week. - If you do good work, your manager leaves you alone to do your work without micro management. - Competitive Salary. - Many opportunities for growth and career development. - An overall cool environment to work in. - You can work from anywhere, home, any campus, any office. This is pretty cool. - People in most part are cool to work with. I've made a lot of friends working at Citrix.

Cons

Can only speak for my experience in my department, and not the entire company: - Functional teams tend to over protect from each other. - Sometimes collaboration between different teams is difficult and require senior management intervention. - Decisions tend to to be very political in nature. - The main thing I don't like is the reactive nature of some decision makers. But, I can see this behavior in other organizations outside Citrix as well. - If you're a manager who deals with a budget, you may have a hard time dealing with how the budget is done.

Advice to Management

The CEO is excellent! He is a visionary and a trend setter. He is not just a manager, but a leader. He truly leads the company. All Citrix managers should follow his example within their own functional areas.

2. Good place to start your career

Current Employee - Senior Software Development Engineer in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Development Engineer in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Citrix Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Citrix has a throbbing start up culture, which is preserved even amidst a host of new acquisitions in the Silicon Valley. The company has an excellent forecast to dominate in Desktop, Server Virtualization and Enterprise Application delivery segments. It has decent employee benefits and offers tremendous growth potential as the company expands.

Cons

Affable work culture is not homogenous through out the organization. Striking work life balance is highly dependent on geography, divisions within Citrix.