There are newer employer reviews for Citrix Systems

Good company in spite of promotion practices and middle management.

Current Employee - Software Developer in Fort Lauderdale, FL
Current Employee - Software Developer in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Citrix Systems full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Work-life balance is great! Flexible work hours and locations. There are a lot of resources available to employees and additional training is encouraged.

Cons

In some departments, promotions are largely based on what boils down to a 'popularity contest'. The recommendations come from people you may or may not know and often they have no working knowledge of your professional aptitudes. It's a shame I've seen many great employees leave over the years because of this. Other departments tend to over-promote...

Advice to Management

Keep an eye on middle management. Decisions should be made solely on their merits, not as a political maneuver.

reviews filtered by
  1. Learn the new stuff on your own time.

Former Employee - Sales Engineer in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Engineer in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at Citrix Systems full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

A leader in very unique technologies.

Cons

Technology is constantly being updated and expanding into new territories, yet the company kept reducing and eliminating training. As engineers were expected to know more and more, they were trained less and less. Unless you enjoy spending your nights and weekends training yourself to stay up to speed, avoid working for this company.

Advice to Management

Train your employees on the new technology you develop.

Good Company

Current Employee - Lead Software Test Engineer in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Lead Software Test Engineer in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Citrix Systems full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible hours, good benefits and good pay. The chance to work with some bright minds in the technology world.

Cons

Some managers that have been there since the start of the company have probably been promoted past their level on competence. Tenure sometimes seems to be more valued than ability. Sometimes in the Product Development division it seems like there is a good 'ole boy network and if you get along with the right group you won't move very far.

This is a con for me, but could be a pro for someone else. I was able to get my work done in about 4 hours and still out performed my teammates. If you are a producer you will find the work easy, but then that is part of the problem. It is easy to just do enough and skate by... a lot of people seem to take advantage of that.

There are newer employer reviews for Citrix Systems