Felt like home , Great work Environment and mentor

Former Intern - Software Developer in Fort Lauderdale, FL
Former Intern - Software Developer in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at Citrix Systems as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

I had an extraordinary experience working with Citrix. My mentor and other team member was extremely helpful and talented. I learned to work in a professional environment and had an amazing experience.

Cons

I dint find any downside as such but because of carelessness of Finance people I had to loose my 1 month salary over there.

Other Employee Reviews for Citrix Systems

Still good, but no longer truly great

Former Employee - Principal Software Engineer in Santa Clara, CA
    Former Employee - Principal Software Engineer in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Citrix Systems full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Wonderful coworkers, and some great first level managers. Engineering managers (at the levels where I worked with them) have excellent technical ability. Engineer-friendly culture - being a "geek" is good. Do a good job of getting rid of the occassional hiring mistake. Extremely flexible about hours, locations, etc. Use their own products, which work well for things like remote access They seem to be good at marketting, profitability, growth etc. Better than average at integrating acquisitions without destroying their culture/ability to be effective. 3 years ago I would have said "Great at integrating ..."

Cons

Support departments (HR, facilities, IT) are getting bureaucratic, paternalistic, and generally interfering with getting the job done. Uniformity is now trumping effectiveness. This appears to be an ongoing trend - still not at an extreme level, but painful when compared to 5 years ago. A lot of conference calls between departments separated by 12 hours of time zones (California and India) which generally involve half the participants working in the late evening (9-10 PM) local time

Advice to Management

Rein in the would-be bureaucrats in facilities etc.

2. Awesome experience

Current Employee - Corporate Account Executive in Santa Barbara, CA
    Current Employee - Corporate Account Executive in Santa Barbara, CA

I have been working at Citrix Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great pay and benefits, great work-life balance, intelligent and driven coworkers.

Cons

None to speak of so far.