There are newer employer reviews for Citrix Systems

Citrix is a good place to work.

Current Employee - Sales Engineer in Fort Lauderdale, FL
Current Employee - Sales Engineer in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Citrix Systems

Pros

-Well-regarded company and brand; when you call on a customer or partner people greet you warmly.
-Generally good products with above-average quality and support.
-Thought leader in the industry, especially in virtualization and application delivery.

Cons

-These days, there is very limited equity distributed to employees in the form of stock options.
-Citrix is not able to invest at the level of some its competitors, leaving us at a competitive disadvantage in some markets.

-Provide employees a bigger stake in the company through stock options.
-Don't forget about the products that make the money; all the new stuff is "cool" but we shouldn't ignore the products that got us to where we are today.
-Stop changing product names all the time!

reviews filtered by

Great company to work for if you can find your niche.

Current Employee - Senior Software Development Engineer in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Software Development Engineer in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Citrix Systems

Pros

Flexible work schedule, ability to transfer within the company, good compensation and benefits, great bonus program for senior contributors.

Cons

Limited number of products to work on in the Fort Lauderdale area. Some product teams are large and bureaucratic. Lack of product training/mentoring for new employees. Some management treat engineers as replacable cogs rather than leverage their specific skills.

Sr. Management is truly stellar at Citrix. However, I wish that the skills of the senior management would trickle down to the people managers.

Citrix Online engineering is agile and fun

Current Employee - Director, Engineering in Santa Barbara, CA
    Current Employee - Director, Engineering in Santa Barbara, CA

I have been working at Citrix Systems

Pros

The division I work for, Citrix Online, is interested in doing the right things related to engineering management practice: All Scrum, all the time. Everyone from the VP Engineering on down is working hard to create high quality software with great features, and report progress honestly to upper management. I love that this is pervasive: everyone is interested in building agility into everything from customer development (aka market analysis) to engineering to QA to deployment and operations. There appears to be an honesty about this: we aren't always doing it right, but no one seems afraid to say what didn't work and how to make it better.

Cons

There are a lot of meetings.

Communicate feedback to individuals better: what are they doing right and wrong? Provide guidance about career opportunities within Citrix: how can each individual gain greater responsibility and make better contributions?

There are newer employer reviews for Citrix Systems