Citrix Systems

www.citrix.com

They set the standard as far providing multiple methods to remotely collaborate and access work from anywhere.

Former Employee - Software Engineer  in  Redmond, WA
Former Employee - Software Engineer in Redmond, WA

Pros

This may depend on the manager, but they have a really great work/balance perk. Prefer working at the office as much as possible, but having the flexibility to work remotely. Helps a great deal if there are certain situations that require being off-site. Usually, if you need to leave early that day, you could work from home later in the evening and restore productivity in the evening.

Cons

Culture in general is great, but there is a relation bond gap with certain teams which I felt needs improvement. They do have a yearly event that groups all employees within a certain region to get a chance for team bonding, but feel this should be adopted to happen also at the local office. Certain best practices in general are not always applied and used.

Other reviews for Citrix Systems

In Sales at COL, your worst fears can come true

Pros

Ramp up comp
    Solid team environment with great people
    Benefits are good
    Comfortable office atmosphere

Cons

No control over territories and comp plan, frequently changing.

I was there for 1 year between 2010 and 2011, and the comp plan had changed twice in 1 year. Since leaving in 2011, nobody on my team is still there!! This is why they are ALWAYS hiring!!! They will ramp you up, have you hit these low quotas, then as soon as your quota gets bigger, change your territory, or method for you to make money. Essentially asking you to do much much more with less. After I left, they let the majority of my team go at the end of the year and is tough to find another high-quality sales job after being let go. Fortunately, I left prior to this happening.

Some products becoming commoditised
    Competing against website unless that has changed

Value your sales employees at COL more. Look at some of the people you either let go or top performers who left COL between 2011 and 2012 some after making presidents club the year before. You can't just continuously replace these people and have a revolving door.

It was a great place to work and grow my career, but definitely ready for something new

Former Employee - Director
    Former Employee - Director

Pros

Great compensation & benefit package, as is the culture and values. The teams and products are overall solid. I loved the flexible work schedule, it makes you more empowered and passionate about what you do when you can do it best. I would recommend working here, depending on what the priorities are. Very stable and consistent company to work for.

Cons

A lot of change, restructure, change management going on and some groups are better to work for than others. Think innovation and brand needs to continue to be a priority. It is unfortunate to see some lay-offs lately where some good talent are let go, while many are working crazy hours.

There are newer employer reviews for Citrix Systems.

Worked for Citrix Systems? Contribute to the Community!