There are newer employer reviews for Citrix Systems

Once a Citrite, always a Citrite

Former Employee - Senior Software Test Engineer in Fort Lauderdale, FL
Former Employee - Senior Software Test Engineer in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at Citrix Systems full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The title sums it up. After spending more than a decade with the company and seeing it transform from an intimate application visualization pioneer to pushing five billion dollars in revenue across numerous businesses, the company was able to hold on to many of its core values and maintain a unique culture facilitated directly from the top.

Cons

While I did have a number of great years, I also had a few difficult ones - due to personality conflicts and so fourth - which is rare for me. Also, being one of the largest software companies and better employers in South Florida means there are a lot of old timers in the organization and this leads to a lack of opportunity for technical growth and career development. Lastly, while I received a few promotions during my tenure, during the last few years when I was performing at my very best I was consistently passed over for the more senior positions in the department and ultimately left the company where I have found greener pastures.

Be fair and timely with promotions. Reward the dedicated, high performers with the positions, titles and benefits that back up their skills and contributions.

801 Other Employee Reviews for Citrix Systems (View Most Recent)

Systems Engineer

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Citrix Systems full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

People is Citrix best asset. The culture is great and there are plenty of opportunities and multiple products for you to make an impact. Lots of high visibility activities and upper management likes to promote within.

Cons

Too many reorgs and team restructuring. Lack of vision in some areas. Too many minir changes without a clear vision on where to go. This impacts consistency and continuity in job duties and affects product quality and development. In need for a leadership change or a major alignment to foster product integration and overall quality.

Focus on a single / few strategies.
    Don't spend so many cycles on products that are not providing results.
    Have a clear vision and long term goals, then execute. No more distractions.

Steady growth and job security

Current Employee - Director in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Director in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Citrix Systems full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The CEO (Mark Templeton) is a man you can die for.
    Steady growth
    Job security
    Large company, but feels like a startup
    Diversity and respect

Cons

The organization can seem pretty disorganized to new comers and even old employees. We need to do a better job of helping people find the information they need. We also need to communicate vision more effectively.

Be more agile and divest all you non-core and non-performing technologies. We also need to do a good job of translating vision to reality.

There are newer employer reviews for Citrix Systems