There are newer employer reviews for Citrix Systems

Once a Citrite, always a Citrite

Former Employee - Senior Software Test Engineer in Fort Lauderdale, FL
Former Employee - Senior Software Test Engineer in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at Citrix Systems full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The title sums it up. After spending more than a decade with the company and seeing it transform from an intimate application visualization pioneer to pushing five billion dollars in revenue across numerous businesses, the company was able to hold on to many of its core values and maintain a unique culture facilitated directly from the top.

Cons

While I did have a number of great years, I also had a few difficult ones - due to personality conflicts and so fourth - which is rare for me. Also, being one of the largest software companies and better employers in South Florida means there are a lot of old timers in the organization and this leads to a lack of opportunity for technical growth and career development. Lastly, while I received a few promotions during my tenure, during the last few years when I was performing at my very best I was consistently passed over for the more senior positions in the department and ultimately left the company where I have found greener pastures.

Be fair and timely with promotions. Reward the dedicated, high performers with the positions, titles and benefits that back up their skills and contributions.

807 Other Employee Reviews for Citrix Systems (View Most Recent)

Fantastic employee policies, awesome company

Current Employee - Senior Research Engineer in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Research Engineer in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Citrix Systems full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great pay for the amount of work you have to do. I love it because even though they don't have a 20% policy like Google does, informally you can spend as much time as you want to deepen your technology skills - even in areas that are completely unrelated to your work. This kind of forward thinking has led to some of the highest employee satisfaction in the industry/country etc.

Cons

I wish they had more Cappuccino machines - as you can tell I can't complain much about my employer.

Please don't change a thing. I've heard from my dad that Bell Labs used to be like this - focus on long term and not go quarter by quarter - you will have happy employees (and smart ones too) and happy employees will result in great corporate success, profits etc.

Great place to work if you are in Technology

Former Employee - Program Manager in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Former Employee - Program Manager in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at Citrix Systems full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Extremely talented, smart, brilliant people. Great perks, drinks and snacks free (fruit, yogurt, juice, coffee etc). Company subsidized lunch (50%) provided by cafeteria on premise. Great knowledge and networking events.

Cons

Be prepared for conference calls and meetings to eat up hours of your day which forces you to skip lunch/eat at your desk or work till 8pm to make up for lost hours! Also, technology makes it convenient to work form anywhere, anytime so sometimes feels like "ball & chain" even when on vacation.

Continue to invest in resources to get your name out there. Lately have seen lots of news everywhere on competitors like VMWare but not much on Citrix!

There are newer employer reviews for Citrix Systems