There are newer employer reviews for Citrix Systems

A great place in the enterprise software world.

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in San Jose, CA
Current Employee - Marketing Manager in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Citrix Systems

Pros

Innovative products, supportive management and an excellent benefits package make Citrix the best place I have worked in the technology sector. Citrix is small enough to feel like you can make a difference and have ownership of your project or product. Yet the company is big and established enough to feel relaxed and not like a crazed start-up. I feel like Citrix is an "adult" company whereas many places I worked at previously were just children. I also believe Citrix products are poised to grow and and mature over the next five to ten years in the enterprise software field. This is definitely a company going through a growth and expansion phase.

Cons

Legacy software from the 90s is at times hard to support, and has not always been well received in the marketplace.

Advice to Management

Eat your own dog food! If Citrix software is marketed as "green" since it enables telecommuting and less energy use, then all employees should be encouraged and supported in telecommuting as much as possible. Otherwise, the marketing message seems a bit hypocritical.

reviews filtered by
  1. Santa Barbara's best kept secret

Current Employee - Helpdesk Coordinator in Goleta, CA
    Current Employee - Helpdesk Coordinator in Goleta, CA

I have been working at Citrix Systems

Pros

Relaxed work environment, flexible management, able to run with ideas

Cons

Cost of living in the area

Advice to Management

none

2. Great place to work.

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Santa Barbara, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Santa Barbara, CA

I have been working at Citrix Systems

Pros

Great people and great software projects. Employees are empowered to take on tough challenges and trusted to do a great job. Company is working hard on creating a successful transition from a small start up to a bigger business. The projects are exciting and almost everyone is working on something interesting. Compensation seems very fair.

Cons

Some of the middle management have no people skills. Upper management seems to have a disconnect with some of the middle management skills. More flexible work options would be nice. Some of the technical knowledge is not spread out enough. Too few people know about some things.

Advice to Management

Managers need people skills and execution skills. People skills are overlooked.